IGNORED

Best In-Ear Headphones???

spunktronics

Soooooooooooooooooo many to choose from!!!

I used to have Sony MDR-EX300 but they broke and i bought some Jays a-Jay One's cause i was in town and needed some.

I like the flat cable on the jays cause it's tangle free but the cable is noisy and the sound quality is average!

What do you reccomend?

I only ever use in-ear headphones.

These are the ones I have at the moment:

http://www.aiaiai.dk/store/headphones/swirl

If you're after a pair with a remote, for walking around with, and don't mind looking really cool - then the aiaiai's are FANTASTIC.. . sound is good, bass is good, loudness is good, comfort is superb, thick cable with springy bit NEVER tangles and never feels heavy and never transmits any movement sounds (know what I mean).. . they really are superbly designed in every way - so don't think you're buying them just for their looks - cool looking is just a happy bonus.

Other earphones I've had which are good:

DENON AH-C71 - fantastic sound - but a bit heavy and fall out your ear.

Sennheiser cx-300 - really good sound - light and comfortable - fiddly tanglycable - sound transmits up it.

Shure 315 - amazing sound - comfortable after a while (always take a while to sort themselves out - you get used to it) - but they always break - ALWAYS - like my two pairs of e2c's - amazing - but break after a year or so. . . always!

so for me - shure 315s for quality - and if you don't move, but really, aiaiai swirl if you use your phone as an mp3 player and move about.

Bon Chance!

Sennheiser cx-200, quite good and not expensive. I've changed them for a small on-ear pair just yesterday, because I got fed up with earbuds in general.

I have the CX300II. I bought another pair at the beginning of May at Future Shop. $50 canadian, half price. I love them. not too expensive and worth the quality. I can use them as music playing earplugs at work with out cranking the volume. And my work is loud as fuck. highly recommended.

Yeah those are the ones I have too, great frequency response, and a good amount of noise isolation when properly fit in the ear. And at the price it doesn't really matter if they only last a year or so - I'm on my third pair after around 5 years with pretty much daily use ( the soldering on the right angle always seems to come loose meaning one of the ear buds cuts out )

I like the Etymotic ER-4P. I more often use the model with the microphone for my Android, very useful for phone calls in the loud city. Great isolation - I use them as earplugs on the subway even when not listening to music. You can get them for about 100 bucks. Super clean sound, great treble/mids; a touch light on the bass, but pretty flat even as it falls off.

I have and love the Shure SE-535s. Used to have SE-210s and saved up for a year to upgrade. They were worth it.

i had the etymotics. i never could get a good fit. next time ill go to a hearing aid place and get a mold made of my ear canal.

I only ever use in-ear headphones.

These are the ones I have at the moment:

http://www.aiaiai.dk/store/headphones/swirl

If you're after a pair with a remote, for walking around with, and don't mind looking really cool - then the aiaiai's are FANTASTIC.. . sound is good, bass is good, loudness is good, comfort is superb, thick cable with springy bit NEVER tangles and never feels heavy and never transmits any movement sounds (know what I mean).. . they really are superbly designed in every way - so don't think you're buying them just for their looks - cool looking is just a happy bonus.

I can vouch for the AIAIAI Swirl ones too, great earphones. And definitely on point there about the cable not really transmitting any "cable movement noise"

I've since moved onto AIAIAI TMA-1 Studio headphones now though

i had the etymotics. i never could get a good fit. next time ill go to a hearing aid place and get a mold made of my ear canal.

That kind of makes sense-I think my ears are a little weird because these are the only ones that really work for me. I'm using the triple flange rubber attachments though, which seem like they should fit anyone. Should have mentioned that before. Which earpieces were you using?

Etymotic HF5 (or HF3, same thing but with a iphone controller). Best entry into in-ear headphones that seal everything and give you clear sound on all frequencies.

That kind of makes sense-I think my ears are a little weird because these are the only ones that really work for me. I'm using the triple flange rubber attachments though, which seem like they should fit anyone. Should have mentioned that before. Which earpieces were you using?

i used the ones that came with them, I had the er-4s... i contacted the company and they recommended i go to a hearing aid doc to get a mold done. i bet they would be amazing that way. its really about getting an excellent fit. I sold my etymotics. im kind of against ear phones. I think they ruin your hearing.

I loved my Westone Um3x ...until I fucking lost them, somewhere in this house I hope. They were really accurate, and one of the best things was how flush they would sit in my ear. I could lay down on my side with my head firmly planted in a pillow with zero discomfort. I wish I could find them.

im kind of against ear phones. I think they ruin your hearing.

that's interesting. I was wondering the same thing. In my case not because the music is too loud (I'm pretty sensitive) but because of all the bass transmitted to my ears from movement. I put the cable around my ears to minimize it but I feel like I'm still getting a lot of low level information from the phones themselves sitting in my ears.

The thing about (good) IEMs is that they are ideally very isolating, which results in listening to music at the lowest possible sound pressure level.

Not sure about the cable movement issue; I get a little on my shures but it doesn't sound destructively loud (just jarring since most external sound isn't getting through).

I just took delivery of a pair of Sony MDR 7506s today. Quite excited about them. But they're not in ear.

Please disregard this post.

im kind of against ear phones. I think they ruin your hearing.

that's interesting. I was wondering the same thing. In my case not because the music is too loud (I'm pretty sensitive) but because of all the bass transmitted to my ears from movement. I put the cable around my ears to minimize it but I feel like I'm still getting a lot of low level information from the phones themselves sitting in my ears.

i found myself turning my headphones up to max to drown out ambient noises. i dont think the cable will hurt you. i agree it is loud on those phones. Im mainly talking about my experience with using ipod phones in public. It became too much. Also, listening to music constantly became too much for me as well. Id rather just appreciate it at home. ipods make you less aware of your surroundings too which could be dangerous.

The etymotics have excellent isolation with a proper fit, soooo, ear damdage might be minimized for this reason. you wont have to tturn up to drown out. I wouldnt walk around with those tho. you are sitting duck. basically, a deaf person

got Soundmagic PL50's with ACS/Eytmotic buds which give a very neutral clear sound and just need a little bass tweaking and are the cheapest balanced armature's you can get and don't put too much pressure on your ear at low volumes

31IyLAOJ5yL._SL.jpg

just bought these but I have to crank them up a bit more but the soundstage is excellent for small closed back phones and I don't look too much like a twat with them on

Audio-technica-ATH-E55-headphone-reviews

Archived