IGNORED

half hour ambient soiree

BCM

so i posted this in YLC then thought better of it as it was really only a little thing i fucked about with last night and took about 20 mins. so thought i'd start a half hour ambient thread! i reckon ambient stuff (i think we can include noise and drone in here too) will lend itself very well to the half hour production method.

post your half hour ambient tunes!

here's mine:

https://soundcloud.com/b-c-m/alphert1

Fgrey30minAmbientePass1.mp3

i have my whole hardware rig setup for semi vectorized chaos ambient music right now, pretty much using all the equipment in the studio pictures thread

edit: don't want to hog the thread but i can do this all day, ill wait for someone else to post one before i make a pig out of myself

does this 30min include programming patches?

(likin' the synth brass btw)

yeah i came up with the patch within the 30 mins (mainly by completely random tweaking), and i suppose the whole point of the 30 minute technique is to dispense with twiddling too much and just go with something spontaneous...doesn't really matter too much though i guess.

attachicon.gifFgrey30minAmbientePass1.mp3

i have my whole hardware rig setup for semi vectorized chaos ambient music right now, pretty much using all the equipment in the studio pictures thread

edit: don't want to hog the thread but i can do this all day, ill wait for someone else to post one before i make a pig out of myself

i like it, nice liquidic textures!

Excellent stuff in this thread, I'm tempted to participate. Highlight so far is the 3rd Fluorescent Grey track. Really enjoyed how the last few minutes contrasted with the rest of the track.

i just recorded an hour more of material that i will chop bits out of and post once the thread picks up a little more :emotawesomepm9:

really nice work, are you a Jerry Goldsmith fan? Sounds a lot like his score for the Explorers or Logan's Run, like it a lot

• 1 month later...

Archived