IGNORED

Changes of Heart You've Had About Music

LimpyLoo

There's a ton of electronic music that I love to death, but I've been losing interest in it lately. I've been listening to jazz, rock, hip hop, reggae, almost anything. I think it's the real deal, and lots of electronic music is just a novelty. I used to think there was this barrier between the electronic music that we talk about on this forum, and all other genres. Like when I first discovered it, I thought it was somehow more "free" or creatively pure. But now I don't see it that way, and I realize there's way too much on the musical spectrum that it can't offer, and it's easy to forget about that.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im really getting into hardcore punk, especially the sludgy stuff that's coming out of it recently. Also starting to appreciate shorter releases like EP's, i used to ignore most EP's

What's some good sludgy punk stuff to check out?

- Being suprised at how much I enjoy Jimi Hendrix.

- Realising there isn't a genre of music I have zero interest in.

- Finding out a lot of hip hop is fucking brilliant, before the age of 15 I wrote the genre off as shite because it wouldn't meet my hipster faggot criteria.

- Discovering Theme of Sudden roundabout doesn't suck.

- Electronic music is fun, I listen to it with my friend and sniff petrol, it was gud.

Im really getting into hardcore punk, especially the sludgy stuff that's coming out of it recently. Also starting to appreciate shorter releases like EP's, i used to ignore most EP's

What's some good sludgy punk stuff to check out?

I've been digging REALLY HARD on Code Orange Kids, Nails and Children of God.

Edit: also forgot to throw in Xibalba, their 2012 release was solid

i used to hate "techno" when i was young...

same as. I liked electronic music (jarre, kraftwerk) but techno? forget it! Then I heard AFX Boy/Girl.....

i used to hate "techno" when i was young...

same as. I liked electronic music (jarre, kraftwerk) but techno? forget it! Then I heard AFX Boy/Girl.....

no no, i used techno as an umbrella term for anything electronic because i was ignorant

Guest 20XX

Used to think EOD was boring and relied too much on chord progressions and that Dave Monolith was the better of the two. Now I find EOD to be much more interesting and Monolith to be a bit wanky. The Monolith EP is still ultra though, and the weme release

Guest 20XX

I can't really listen to squarepusher anymore

This, but I hope it will come back. last year I frantically collected everything he's ever released and listened exclusively, but now it's just hard to go back to. finding ceephax constantly more entertaining.

I still listen to a fair share of electronic music, ambient, and idm. But I've been more interested in Hip Hop, Beat Scene, Sample-Based music for the past couple of years. Guys like Knxwledge, Astronote, Aly, Ghoul Abdul, Daisy Cutta, The Koreatown Oddity, etc. have been in rotation for quite a bit.

Archived