IGNORED

Synthpunk Burzum cover

modey

Put this together with a couple of friends. It was a lot of fun. The synths were all played by me on a Korg MS10 and Yamaha CS01, I also programmed the drums and the others provided vocals (a guy and a girl). It's sloppy as fuck but could get people dancing.

oh damn once this kicks it its a lot of fun. I really like that bass sound (what is it?)

and Im not that familiar with Burzum, are the vocals you guys or the actual recording?

Thanks guys!

The bass was the ms10 and I think the other synth parts were from the cs01. Can't remember now because the recording sessions were spread over a couple of months, and often involved lots of drinking.

The vocals were ours too! The big screams were actually provided by a girl.

the only real downside to this is that it seems to be mixed really loud? I think the track even clips a few times? it might have been my imagination though.

but then again if this was a live session one-off its all the more impressive.

Fucking awesome man, sounds like it was fun to make. A lot of BM translates well into electronic music, especially 8-bit covers.

the only real downside to this is that it seems to be mixed really loud? I think the track even clips a few times? it might have been my imagination though.

but then again if this was a live session one-off its all the more impressive.

Oh yeah it's clippy as fuck. It's an intentional aesthetic. Probably would have been better if we were using tape, but hey it's synthpunk after all haha!

This is seriously amazing and I love it.

Are you planning on doing more?

Can I download it?

Seriously. Burzum. Shivers.

Also: I'm jealous of your cool friends that want to do synthpunk covers of burzum when they get drunk. May I borrow?

Haha thanks everyone!

This is seriously amazing and I love it.

Are you planning on doing more?

Can I download it?

Seriously. Burzum. Shivers.

Also: I'm jealous of your cool friends that want to do synthpunk covers of burzum when they get drunk. May I borrow?

It'll probably end up on a free bandcamp release at some point. Probably won't do any more burzum covers but we have a few other things in the works! Some original stuff too, like a 90min psychedelic synthpunk album created almost entirely with analog synths; just trying to find a cassette label to release it on.

As for my friends, yeah I've made some great friends in the melbourne electronic scene. Some very interesting people!

Haha awesome, haven't heard the original but loved this. I'm sure you could get some diehard fans of an album of material like this. Love the crunchy, washy feel of the production! Great work to you guys.

Thanks! Yeah, the guy I work with on this stuff is pretty well-known in the electronic scene here for stuff like this. He's also known for his "don't give a fuck" production style, which seems pretty popular in synthpunk, and also why this track is nowhere near as polished as my usual tracks. As a result, we work pretty well together, since we can come to a middle ground—raw recordings that sound pretty full and complete.

Archived