IGNORED

Varg Vikernes arrested for planning terrorist attack

Ivan Ooze

For awhile the top comment was "2:09 not again Varg..."

Honestly I don't think he's been up to any plotting whatsoever. He stabbed a friend to death and burned a church and naturally he will always be suspect. That said, any larger plots have always been mere talk and he's always stressed he rather be left alone. He's just an absolute nutter and since he got out of jail he's been preoccupied with recording music and creating delusional historical revisionist media with his wife. I think he has more in common with the purely crazy militia type than any terrorist.

He would have been buying the guns for self defence and because you can. I'd say they just want to harry him out of france for his verbal antisemetism. The french state is pretty full on about that sort of thing.

I don't agree with precrime policing, it can fuck right off.

Honestly I don't think he's been up to any plotting whatsoever. He stabbed a friend to death and burned a church and naturally he will always be suspect. That said, any larger plots have always been mere talk and he's always stressed he rather be left alone. He's just an absolute nutter and since he got out of jail he's been preoccupied with recording music and creating delusional historical revisionist media with his wife. I think he has more in common with the purely crazy militia type than any terrorist.

Don't forget that he also escaped prison:

On 26 October, Vikernes went on the run after being granted a short leave. He stopped a car in Numedal. Inside it was a family of three, who said that he hijacked the car at gunpoint. About 19 hours later, police stopped the car in Romerike and arrested him.[54] The car contained knives, a gas mask, camouflage clothing, a portable GPS navigator, maps, a compass, a laptop and a mobile phone.[53] Police also found a handgun and an AG3 automatic rifle in a cabin in Rollag, where Vikernes had hidden during his escape.

Dude's a nutjob.

On 26 October, Vikernes went on the run after being granted a short leave. He stopped a car in Numedal. Inside it was a family of three, who said that he hijacked the car at gunpoint. About 19 hours later, police stopped the car in Romerike and arrested him.[54] The car contained knives, a gas mask, camouflage clothing, a portable GPS navigator, maps, a compass, a laptop and a mobile phone.[53] Police also found a handgun and an AG3 automatic rifle in a cabin in Rollag, where Vikernes had hidden during his escape.

There's more to that story, and the event occured ten years ago.

Before the escape, Vikernes gave his mother a letter. In it, he wrote that he had received death threats and another inmate had tried to strangle him shortly after the newspaper article was published.[53] For his actions, thirteen months were added to Vikernes's sentence and he was moved to a prison in Ringerike. In July 2004 he was moved to a maximum-security prison in Trondheim. The last three years of his sentence were spent in Tromsø Prison.

When Vikernes was convicted, it was possible to be released on parole after serving 12 years of a 21-year sentence, but in 2002, before he became eligible, the Norwegian Parliament had extended this to 14 years. In June 2006, after serving 12 years, Vikernes was denied parole by the Department of Criminal Justice for this reason.[55] His lawyer, John Christian Elden, has complained that the policy change is a form of retroactive legislation. Article 97 of the Norwegian constitution forbids any law being given retroactive force. Vikernes was denied parole again in June 2008, although he was allowed to leave Tromsø Prison for short periods to visit his family. His full sentence would run for another seven years.[55][56][57] In March 2009, however, his parole was announced. He had then served 15 years of his 21-year sentence.[58] On 22 May 2009, he confirmed that he had been released from prison on probation.[59]

He has served a lot of time, and people can mellow. I don't want to play this guy's lawyer in the thread, but yaknow.

Guest Iain C

I don't agree with precrime policing, it can fuck right off.

Yeah if people are planning on doing massacres we should just let them do it, and then punish them. That would be the logical thing to do.

Guest cult fiction

Having received the manifesto before (Breivik) committed his crimes and having been sentenced in Norway in the past for murder, this individual, who was close to a neo-Nazi movement, was likely to prepare a large terrorist act, Valls said.

Pretty amazing case they have there. His wife bought some guns, and he is "linked" to Breivik through virtue of Breivik mailing him(and presumably every other nutcase in Norway) his manifesto -> imminent arrest-worthy terrorist plot.

They go on to say that he didn't agree with breivik.

On his website, Vikernes discusses Breivik’s manifesto, but in a post called “War in Europe: Part V – Breivik Unveiled” he also criticises the murderer for killing more innocent Norwegians than Muslims. Vikernes, who describes himself as a “pagan,” accuses Breivik of being a Zionist agent and “Christian loser”.

“If you, dear European nationalists, really want to save Europe (as a biological term) you have to realise that the only thing to do is to cast aside all Christian other international nonsense and embrace only the European (i.e. Pagan) values and ideals and if you like the European deities as well,” said the posting, dated December 13. “If you work for Christianity in any way you work for the Jews. Plain and simple.”

The mayor of Salon La Tour, where Vikernes and his wife lived, said he had been surprised by the arrest. “I didn’t notice anything strange (about Vikernes) other than that he liked to wear military costumes and liked Gothic music,” Jean-Claude Chauffour told French media BFM TV.

Yeah exactly, the media is already paraphrasing their relationship as if they're part of a bigger plot. They did the same thing in the wave of church arson in the early 90s - broadly associated it with Satanism and then reported all of the copycat burnings as if they were part of the same effort.

Oh, and by the way; true nationalists don't kill children of their own nation, even if someone tries to brainwash them, like AUF did. They were not (yet) Marxist extremists; they were just children.

If Varg should be charged with anything it's multiple counts of lame album releases and increasingly silly and less hilarious personal rantings. He was a lot more insane yet fascinating years ago.

Seriously though. The dilemma with someone like Varg is that he's an easy target. It's a hell of a lot harder to reasonably defend a nutcase and their rights of free speech than to demonize them in an irresponsible and misleading way. Yes he's a murderer and an arsonist but he served time in Norway (I didn't right their laws that limited his sentence to 21 years max and less for good behavior) and I can't say that I'm fully confident that the French police have a case and that he was plotting a massacre. That's that.

hahaha what a load of bullshit. terrorists everywhere. neo-nazis everywhere. yeah, right. france is being overflowed by this kind of propaganda. first we had the hazy narrative of the toulouse killings by a so-called islamic fundamentalist, very recently we had the now proven false agression by neo-nazis that killed a young anti-fascist activist, and now this. thank you based manuel valls

It's fitting how much the media has sensationalized and distorted this already, albeit it varies from outlet to outlet.

Some of the bullshit headlines (the actual reporting isn't as heinous, but anyone who has 30 minutes to skim Varg's published rants and various interviews would be skeptical of him actually plotting such an attack):

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/breivik-sympathiser-arrested-in-france-on-terror-charges-1.1465540

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2365720/Anders-Breivik-sympathiser-Kristian-Vikernes-arrested-France-fears-plotting-similar-massacre.html

http://www.newsinenglish.no/2013/07/16/black-metal-extremist-reportedly-arrested-for-planning-a-massacre/

http://www.latimes.com/news/world/worldnow/la-fg-wn-neo-nazi-musician-terrorist-attack-20130716,0,988510.story

Anyone who saw Until The Light Takes Us will recall the film highlighting how the black metal scene was so rife with falsehoods, rumors, and sensationalism that was literally "substantiated" by the media - for instance the Norwegian press labeled the arsonists as "satanists" based off a misquoted interview with Varg, and in turn copycat arsonists begun spray-painting satanic symbols at their crime scenes. A lie that literally gave the press more fodder. Varg is a very intelligent man. His worldview is hateful and delusional but there are things he states and expresses that aren't at all illogical or crazy, but the exact opposite. I'm not a Varg apologist and honestly it's not his arrest that bothers me, it's the arrest itself and the framing of it that should alarm everyone a little bit. He's become just another curious extremist for the public to marvel over and for governments to file away in their long list of "exhibits" to evoke in their defense of power grabs and overreach.

Poor Varg, i know he can be an idiot but i feel bad for him,

Who the hell would plan a massive terrorist attack after having served maximum sentence 21 year (proly more) now living in France with a wife and kids? They just need a black sheep to fool that people are safe from the badguys while shit is going out of control.

thank you for reading my amazing burzum post

Archived