IGNORED

Anyone down for a Sega save bending community compilation?

gmanyo

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest RadarJammer

It'd probably be good for the project if someone wrote up a brief tutorial for windows and mac, just to get everyone off the ground.

mac tutorial:

download genesis plus

download some roms from coolroms or such

unzip the rom

go to genesis plus and open the rom file, the game will play.

go to the menu and find 'freeze state' do that and save it somewhere

now open a different game

once it's loaded, go to the menu and find 'defrost state'

now glitches ensue

some don't work, others reset the programs, some freeze the emulator, you just have to experiment

:)

Yeah, I or someone else should do this in a new topic with a final date. I'm lazy though.

I'd be happy to do it/upload it to the same bandcamp as the tribute albums and christmas albums, so long as everyone's cool with that. I'm cool if anyone else is dying to do it.

mac tutorial:

download genesis plus

download some roms from coolroms or such

unzip the rom

go to genesis plus and open the rom file, the game will play.

go to the menu and find 'freeze state' do that and save it somewhere

now open a different game

once it's loaded, go to the menu and find 'defrost state'

now glitches ensue

some don't work, others reset the programs, some freeze the emulator, you just have to experiment

:)

For the PC tutorial replace all of the above mentions of 'Mac' with 'PC'

(erm, and replace 'freeze' with 'save', and 'defrost' with 'load')

okay! so it does work on a mac..

hm i just downloaded the Emulator, then successfully saved a state with Jurassic Park, then I loaded Sonic & Knuckles, and now the freeze/defrost menu options are greyed out no matter which game I load. The fuck did I do?

this was also what happened when i first tried the emulator some weeks ago, i assumed it was broken somehow... dunno what to do...?

there are thousands of save gen save states around the web, it saves a lot of time.

The best place to save your state for genesis bending is in the sound test menu, which you likely cannot get from a save state online.

okay! so it does work on a mac..

hm i just downloaded the Emulator, then successfully saved a state with Jurassic Park, then I loaded Sonic & Knuckles, and now the freeze/defrost menu options are greyed out no matter which game I load. The fuck did I do?

Have you tried multiple emulators? What about old versions of the emulator? Usually free software lets you nab older versions.

Guest RadarJammer

yeah, if you are lame

who really is going to use them for any good besides someone like me though? there is nothing lame about exploiting resources like that

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

if anyone remembers when we were sega-rom-bending, these are some of my favorite outcomes that i achieved:
[soundcloud]

[/soundcloud]
[soundcloud]
[/soundcloud]

[soundcloud]
[/soundcloud]
[soundcloud]
[/soundcloud]
how much fun

Archived