IGNORED

sounds that give you aural orgasms...

YEK

almost all of my farts.

poop hitting the water.

^ lol

For me, pretty much any sound that stimulates alpha waves, like the hum of a dishwasher. The latter half of 1 1 is is a great example.

Fucked up breaks, when they reach a point that you feel transported because they are going so mental

King Buzzo's voice and guitar sound, Dale Crover's drums - again, when it's really good, I feel like it's 'too much' - I like that feeling

Acid sounds

Abstract noises like in Hair Stylistics

The strange roughness of early Venetian Snares (and similar rough, dirty sounding things - there's some nice cheap dirty sounding stuff on NIN - The Downward Spiral)

The high, thin sounding notes in vordhosbn, and pretty much any Aphex synth sound

The feedback/guitar sounds on Aenima

ooh and Wobbly Chords! (you know, like in chiptunes)

Another oddly satisfying sound is the short beeps from pushing the buttons on the old microwave at the place I'm currently house-sitting. Sounds very similar to the menu sounds of the first Deus Ex game.

I just find it soothing for some reason. Maybe it's the way the multiple oscillators are tuned.

Archived