IGNORED

Dub Cradle

Squee

I suddenly realised I hadn't made a track for myself in about 16 months, so I quickly put this shit together and made a new Soundcloud for it:
https://soundcloud.com/mr-roque-2/dub-cradle-b-side

It hasn't been mixed probably and it's only a demo so feel free to download it. It'll be the B-Side to whatever I end up releasing under my Mr. Roque pseudonym.

Also, I guess I should tell that I was the one who made the Mr. Roque track for the Incomplete Skyscrapers compilation.

https://soundcloud.com/mr-roque-2/slow-pan-from-left-to-right

Guest Frankie5fingers

not really a fan of this type of music but i gotta say this is pretty great.

mix wise, it could use a little work but really i doubt many would even notice the change. lol.

'I suddenly realised I hadn't made a track for myself in about 16 months, so I quickly put this shit together and made a new Soundcloud for it:'

hahahaha - that made me laugh dude X)
absolutely great space, i love that slow dub-laidback-feel. cool textures, can't say anything bad about this, really dig it quite alot, nice choice of sounds, more of that plxxx !
thanks alot for sharing
cheers

So YOU are Mr. Roque! I am a big fan of 'Slow Pan From Left to Right' and this is definitely in keeping with that theme (the vocal sample is roughly in the same part of the arrangement in 'Dub Cradle' as well).

There is a fabulous economy of space in your sound; nothing feels superfluous or wasted. Please let us know when you put something out so I can buy the shit out of it!

@adore

Thanks for the kind comments, adore :)

The pad/pluck you're talking about... would that be the dub chord? What would you suggest I do to give it more room? I'm a complete retard when it comes to mixing.

@Frankie

Thanks, man! :) And yeah, I'll see what I can do about the mix :)

@Qatarsis

Hey, thanks, man! I've got way more on the way. Now that I'm "self-employed" I have way more time to work on music I actually like rather than spending all day making crappy music for commercials and websites :)

@Goiter Sanchez

Yup! That's me :) I'm glad you like it. I am however a bit embarrassed that the build up it pretty much identical to the Skyscraper track and that I've used the same hihat in both tracks, haha. But like I said, it was the first thing in over a year I finished so I just wanted to get going again :) Like I told Qatarsis, I'm working on lots of new things... I'm actually working on some classical stuff, some ambient, dub/dubsteppy stuff like this and some ambient dub :)

@Copper Pill Thanks, man! :)

@FriendlyFoil Awesome, glad you like it, man :)

@chassis :)

@sergeantk Hehe, thanks a bunch :) Feel free to ask. I'm not sure I'll be able to answer all your questions, but feel free to ask away :)

I've decided to change the demo quite a bit, so it'll probably end up sounding quite different once I actually finish it, but I'll leave the demo up on Soundcloud for now :)

Yes man. This is inspiring for sure. Glad to see you post. Wish we could all get together for 1 hr dub compilation.

Thanks, man! :)

I would be up for a dub compilation for sure :)

You know we are great musical matches, so I obviously love it! Keep pumping the tunes, man!

Hehe, thanks a lot, man! And you too :)

Impakt & Squee colab plz.

Yes!

We've done some collabs over the years now, I think :)

Haha, I don't think we have. We've remixed each others tracks, but have yet to work on something together. We really should do that :)

Enjoying this!

Suggestions: Some variations and some more high-end sound(s) in the mix.

And maybe introduce a sub-bass line for added drama?

You want more bass? Sure thing, haha...

But yeah, I'll add some more high freq sounds when I return to this track :)

Very very well produced. I wish I could make deep dub music like that.

Thanks, man! :)

Archived