IGNORED

Nominees for Worst Actor/Actress of All Time

LimpyLoo

I find De Niro pretty hammy in a lot of films which can ruin it for me, if it's something like This Boy's Life where he plays a violent bully, it's a tv movie quality film thinking about it but it mainly jars because De Caprio acts out of skin like he's properly terrified and does more than De Niro himself to project the threatening menace he's supposed to have. It's not too dissimilar to how De Caprio is in The Departed, I like Jack Nicholson's acting in that more now than I did the first time, he does project real menace, just not in the way I expected, and it's still De Caprio's petrified squirming that gives those scenes real tension. Nicholson plays it like he couldn't give a shit either way, which fits the character.

I find De Niro's face and mannerisms too cartoonish to be scary, that's the problem for me when he's a playing violent character. I always see him acting. I'm also in the 0.0000001% who think he's awful in the King of Comedy and doesn't like the wall punching in Raging Bull or, really, any of his acting outside of the ring in that film. I think De Niro is probably best in Midnight Run.

Emile Hirsch is really bad in Killer Joe. Actually ruins the film a bit.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

jim carrey might be one of my least favorite actors. i can't watch his movies because he looks psychotic and i find it uncomfortable, not funny.

the one exception is eternal sunshine of the spotless mind. wow, so different from his other roles. it was subtle and great acting. i don't get why he does comedy roles where he goes batshit insane in a bad way when he has such talent.

I find De Niro pretty hammy in a lot of films which can ruin it for me, if it's something like This Boy's Life where he plays a violent bully, it's a tv movie quality film thinking about it but it mainly jars because De Caprio acts out of skin like he's properly terrified and does more than De Niro himself to project the threatening menace he's supposed to have. It's not too dissimilar to how De Caprio is in The Departed, I like Jack Nicholson's acting in that more now than I did the first time, he does project real menace, just not in the way I expected, and it's still De Caprio's petrified squirming that gives those scenes real tension. Nicholson plays it like he couldn't give a shit either way, which fits the character.

I find De Niro's face and mannerisms too cartoonish to be scary, that's the problem for me when he's a playing violent character. I always see him acting. I'm also in the 0.0000001% who think he's awful in the King of Comedy and doesn't like the wall punching in Raging Bull or, really, any of his acting outside of the ring in that film. I think De Niro is probably best in Midnight Run.

Have you seen Mad Dog and Glory? Just saying, I think you might like that one. It's got De Niro and Bill Murray both cast against type (actually, almost everyone in the movie seems to be) plus another nominee in the form of David Caruso in a supporting part as a brawler cop.

jim carrey might be one of my least favorite actors. i can't watch his movies because he looks psychotic and i find it uncomfortable, not funny.

the one exception is eternal sunshine of the spotless mind. wow, so different from his other roles. it was subtle and great acting. i don't get why he does comedy roles where he goes batshit insane in a bad way when he has such talent.

Hoodie pliss

Archived