Nominees for Worst Actor/Actress of All Time

LimpyLoo

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Humphrey Bogart was pretty crap

Jack Nicholson was shit too

Anthony Hopkins is fucking horrible

Klaus Kinski- yeah lets put a retarded man on screen for two hours and call it art

Toshiro Mifune- im the same damn samurai in every movie hurr durr

lol

you forgot one

JOHN WAYNE

good one

you know who was pretty bad? Paul Newman. Ever watched Cool Hand Luke? Pretty good movie but the more you watch his acting, the more you realize how terrible it is (especially his shouting at god at the end, and his body language when stuffed with eggs/exhausted). Fun fact, Newman himself was embarrassed with his acting in that film.

Orson Welles

yeah. if the fat bastard could lose a few pounds he might have been half decent.

shit director too. oh wow the whole movie was about a fucking sledBESTMOVIE EVER

Humphrey Bogart was pretty crap

Anthony Hopkins is fucking horrible

Klaus Kinski- yeah lets put a retarded man on screen for two hours and call it art

Toshiro Mifune- im the same damn samurai in every movie hurr durr

You forgot Lawrence Olivier, Max Von Sydow, George C. Scott, James Cagney, Jimmy Stewart, Gregory Peck

let's be honest here guys, film is a shit medium and doesn't rate as art. actors are just professional sociopaths and film only exists as a medium for advertisers to sell product to braindead consumers.

*butt cheeks flap wildly*

my dad used to like to say that American actors play themselves, while English actors actually play the character

on the whole, can't say he was wrong, it's an interesting observation. America certainly trades in guys playing themselves, whether it's John Wayne, Marlon Brando, Jack Nicholson, Clint Eastwood, Humphrey Bogart, Steve McQueen, etc., whereas in England you get more chameleonic folks like Ian Mckellen, Peter Sellers, Alec Guinness, Michael Caine, Derek Jacobi, etc. Of course there are exceptions - plenty of superb character actors in the US, and actors like Sean Connery in the UK.

Yeah he's pretty one-note and that one-note is quite grating.

Like in Departed, he didn't play an Irish mob boss, he played himself, and it seems like he got to say "chink" outload, enthusiastically, without consequence.

my dad used to like to say that American actors play themselves, while English actors actually play the character

on the whole, can't say he was wrong, it's an interesting observation. America certainly trades in guys playing themselves, whether it's John Wayne, Marlon Brando, Jack Nicholson, Clint Eastwood, Humphrey Bogart, Steve McQueen, etc., whereas in England you get more chameleonic folks like Ian Mckellen, Peter Sellers, Alec Guinness, Michael Caine, Derek Jacobi, etc. Of course there are exceptions - plenty of superb character actors in the US, and actors like Sean Connery in the UK.

Id argue this on the grounds that American audiences actually wanted the repeat characters. People didn't go to John Wayne movies to watch not-John Wayne. That has a lot to do with what's expected of the actors. Marlon Brando got plenty of shit for trying to take roles far outside his tough-guy leather jacket persona of the 1950s. I don't think most of those guys played themselves because of lack of talent; they were playing themselves because they had to.

what in the world...

michael caine is literally michael caine in any fckin movie

Like in Departed, he didn't play an Irish mob boss, he played himself, and it seems like he got to say "chink" outload, enthusiastically, without consequence.

Ah this just reminded me, the woman who played the female lead had one of the worst fake Boston accents ever. Compounding it was that she was constantly letting it drop and then turning it back on, often within a single scene. I still remember literally doing a Picard wtf at our TV screen when Mrs. Dob and I were watching it for the first time. Given all the other actors in the movie - most mentioned in this thread already - I'm guessing that the director had to pick his battles and this was one of those things to slide.

Also, add Tom Cruise and Jennifer Aniston to the most dimensionless list.

Archived