IGNORED

Nominees for Worst Actor/Actress of All Time

LimpyLoo

i just don't get why sr4 is taking this self righteous moral high ground like he's never seen a thread on the internet before. these actors really need a white knight to defend them, keep it up.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

some of the suggestions in this thread are just baffling to me, hyperbole or no.

alright, so what Im gathering from this thread is that overrated=worst of all time??

lol this. also "I don't like the way they approached that role" = worst of all time.

so yeah anyway, fuck Charlie Chaplin, what a shit actor. so wooden.

and often... "bad acting" is really poor casting and poor direction.

good directors know how to use and frame shit actors and make them fit the part - actors are simply not as chameleon-like as the business makes them out to be.

that said, david caruso. david fucking caruso.

i just don't get why sr4 is taking this self righteous moral high ground like he's never seen a thread on the internet before. these actors really need a white knight to defend them, keep it up.

SR4's mom is Pia Zadora

and often... "bad acting" is really poor casting and poor direction.

good directors know how to use and frame shit actors and make them fit the part - actors are simply not as chameleon-like as the business makes them out to be.

that said, david caruso. david fucking caruso.

[youtubehd]YKrMOfefaiE[/youtubehd]

Guest Shit Attack

joseph gordon levitt

dunno if hes a bad actor i just hate him the most.

runner up : richard gere

the worst actors are on soap operas n shit anyways, most hateable is more valid.

Especially when they play retards

this is what killed cuba gooding jr's career (or at least, took him from a support/co-starring actor to "that guy". even to this day, radio remains a high water mark of embarrassing performances for a single actor

http://youtu.be/PLZX33TkA6o

Holy amazeballs. That is the best thing I've ever seen.

I second Jaden Smith. Worst actor ever. On top, it's an insult to know the singular reason he has a "career" is because of his famous parents.

Also, as I mentioned in the Walking Dead thread, Alanna Masterson. She is terrible. She apparently is dating Tom Cruise's son, hence her career.

Western screen "acting" is really a hit or miss kind of thing. Natalie Portman was amazing in Leon (The Professional), but garbage in Episode I. Etc. Sometimes actors are just really on, aaaand then sometimes not. That being said, most Hollywood actors are better than straight-to-VHS level actors, so that's saying something.

And I mention Western screen acting, cuz I imagine in different cultures, the intention of screen acting varies. Hollywood screen acting is trying to somehow imitate reality. Japanese film actors, I see as generally horrible, but a lot of the good ones are appropriate for stage-- i.e. melodramatic, pointlessly over emphasized "bullshit". But somehow this works on the stage, because the sets are fake looking so suspension of disbelief and dramatization work. This is the main problem with the current state of Hollywood films-- the attempt at re-creating reality allows for less suspension of disbelief, making everything seem more and more fake. Highly stylized films tend to come across as whole cohesive concepts, so "bad acting" could actually be used to advantage.

In summation: Fuck Hollywood mind-numbing garbage illuminati nwo monsanto fluoride ufo reptilian slavery cgi rape club coke mansion non-creative old man 12 dicks in a newborn torture story-lacking brain-dead retarded high-fructose corn syrup big pharma oil shitty shit waste of shit. Hollywood, give me a rat's pubic hair and no camera, and I can still make better films than you.

Timothy Olyphant gets my vote, for never once impressing me in anything I've seen him. Somehow he gets leading roles, like in Hitman and The Crazies, despite being an absolute charisma black hole and entirely lacking screen presence.

Has he been good in anything?

I thought he was alright in Deadwood. I've only seen a couple of episodes of that though so I can't comment on his longevity.

I always get him confused with the bloke from Gattaca and Training Day, Ethan Hawke.

Let's rise the stakes: Ryan Gosling, Michael Fassbender, Chloe Moretz, Jennifer Lawrence

If we're gonna raise the stakes like that, then I'll see and raise you a Daniel Day Lewis

(yeah, I went there, lol)

Now you're just being stupid.

Let's rise the stakes: Ryan Gosling, Michael Fassbender, Chloe Moretz, Jennifer Lawrence

If we're gonna raise the stakes like that, then I'll see and raise you a Daniel Day Lewis

(yeah, I went there, lol)

Now you're just being stupid.

like many "great" actors, he teeters on the brink of overacting, and sometimes falls over. In my opinion a great actor will draw you into their performance, no matter the emotion. But with DDL, sometimes you're just sitting there going "wow, DDL emoting, such saliva, such feeligs, wow!" He seems all worked up, but just doesn't connect on a human level. See for reference, his attempts at delivering romance in Last of the Mohicans, his climactic spittle-flying scene in the Crucible, etc.

On the one hand I really don't think he's as great as people think he is, but on the other he'll knock it (mostly) out of the park, as in Gangs of NY and There Will Be Blood. And yet, he's quite hammy in the climax to TWBB. He's sort of the greatest, but also at times quite silly.

olyphant kind of seems like he's somewhere else all the time, which would be bad in most movies but great in a film noir. he's got a bit of a softer ralph meeker thing going on, could probably play a pi in a mickey spillane project.

Humphrey Bogart was pretty crap

Jack Nicholson was shit too

Anthony Hopkins is fucking horrible

Klaus Kinski- yeah lets put a retarded man on screen for two hours and call it art

Toshiro Mifune- im the same damn samurai in every movie hurr durr

Archived