IGNORED

Breaking Bad or The Wire?

beerwolf

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wait, Bunk has inner city businesses in NO?

if so, I can respect that. One thing I really liked about the Wire is the impact it made on the woman who played Kima....apparently shes slowly learning to become an advocate for a number of inner city problems, education reform. To see Baltimore have that effect on someone, it makes me feel happy...and almost as if Simon achieved in some small part, what he set out to do.

the Wire gets points for having a Blasian as a main character though

if so, I can respect that. One thing I really liked about the Wire is the impact it made on the woman who played Kima....apparently shes slowly learning to become an advocate for a number of inner city problems, education reform. To see Baltimore have that effect on someone, it makes me feel happy...and almost as if Simon achieved in some small part, what he set out to do.

Yeah, just like the girl who played Snoop, she went from being imprisoned for murder at the age of 14, to being a rising star of a popular TV show, to being arrested for participating in a heroin drug trafficking ring...oh wait...

Yeah, just like the girl who played Snoop, she went from being imprisoned for murder at the age of 14, to being a rising star of a popular TV show, to being arrested for participating in a heroin drug trafficking ring...oh wait...

Yesss... You can take the girl out of the street but you can't take the street outta the girl YA HEARD!?

way to miss the point

Guest abusivegeorge

It's The Wire for me for this reason: I had no idea who Idris Elba is until I met him in London in 2009 with a friend (my friend is a friend of Idris). I then discovered who he is and what he does, so I began to watch the Wire, not only did I think it was awesome and he's a great actor but he's a genuine, humble guy. He grew up in London and it wasn't a privileged childhood (he lived in Hackney) and put all his strength into making sure he was going to be successful. However, I have only seen the first season of Breaking Bad and I think it's tops, I need get to watching the rest ;-)

the wire is supposed to be realistic (which i find redundant,) and breaking bad bears almost no semblance to any mistakable form of realism at all, and its a black comedy. practically no set continuity, etc.

its like comparing the simpsons to family guy. family guy can talk about the real world and what is on other channels, simpsons is simpsonified. 2 different shows, styles, angles, genres.

whats better, the 808 or the 909?

whats better for your teeth, toms toothpaste or crest?

whats better koolaid, grape or raspberry?

George! Haven't seen you in a while [:

I think you'll grow more as a person from seeing The Wire. Breaking Bad is a well-written suspense fest.

Guest abusivegeorge

ah you like the wire for namedropping reasons ok

Well done for not reading my post. I said EXACTLY why I like the wire. Because I met the man behind the actor. This affinity gave me extra enjoyabality for the show.

Also, I would never have watched The Wire had I not met him. I enjoyed The Wire, more than I have enjoyed Breaking Bad. However that may not have been the case, had I not met Idris, because I wouldn't have the watched The Wire. So meeting Idris, is the main reason for me enjoying The Wire more than Breaking Bad.

So I prefer The Wire, over Breaking Bad.

Is this explained enough for you :)?

Guest abusivegeorge

I think you'll grow more as a person from seeing The Wire. Breaking Bad is a well-written suspense fest.

Yo! Yeah I kinda stopped hanging out here, lots of arrogance and self righteousness. I browse every now and again.

I want to watch The Wire again. I need to re-watch Season 1 of Breaking Bad also, I never paid it full attention to remember it thoroughly.

the wire was much better, breaking bad was more enjoyable.

i have a penchance for easygoing, addictive tv though. i like the league, for gods sake.

also, idris elba is a riduclous name.

What does that mean then?

It's the Rage Comic character face for the phrase, "I see what you did there."

Ohhhh LOL I didn't even realize I made a pun.

Yo! Yeah I kinda stopped hanging out here, lots of arrogance and self righteousness. I browse every now and again.

I want to watch The Wire again. I need to re-watch Season 1 of Breaking Bad also, I never paid it full attention to remember it thoroughly.

youve been missed george!!!

Archived