IGNORED

Disabling and then re-enabling plugins

Squee

Alright, so I'm working on a project that has gotten completely out of hand here. It's such a memory hog that I can't even open the project without Logic complaining about a lack of memory and then forcing itself to shut down.

So, I was thinking... would it be possible to go into my AU manager and disable a couple of plugins, that I use in my project, then open the project, bounce a couple of tracks, save, quit, open the AU manager again and re-enabling the plugins I previously disabled and then re-open the project again without any problems?

This shit is terrifying as fuck because my deadline is right around the corner and I don't want to fuck it up more than I have to.

Yeah, it's tomorrow, haha... I'm still around 4 minutes short, but the artist I'm working for told me that she's a tiny bit behind as well, so it's all good.

tumblr_l7m9lbfHTB1qdoghio1_500.png

I tested my theory from my first post on my laptop:

I disabled a memory heavy plugin via the AU manager that I knew I was using in my project. This made it possible to actually open the project, but of course Logic gave me the usual "omg, where's this plugin?!"-message. I then bounced a bunch of tracks and deleted the original tracks including all the plugins and what not. Opened the AU manager again, enabled the memory heavy plugin, reopened the project, imported the bounced versions of the tracks and boom... it was up and working again.

I guess that's what 111 tracks will do to your project.

Archived