IGNORED

MARIMBA WARRIOR - WINTER TIME IS CARE ABOUT PLANET TIME EP

Friendly Foil

The Warrior sent me this tonight. It's good.

artworks-000070224447-9ciw98-t500x500.jp

"hello dear fans. ive been working on this ep for the last hour or so and im extreme proud of the final ep. the tracks are all different and i feel that this is music thats very fitting for winter time. i also consider winter time to be a time where you care about the planet time. the planet is important to us and we shall take better care of it if we want our childs and their childs to grow up without they have to wear gas masks and other things to protect their lungs from the toxick air. so please enjoy and care about our planet. thank you from the marimba warrior."

1 a good morning for the world

2 your heart is important

3 seeing thing from a new perspective

4 party on a tropic land

https://soundcloud.com/marimba-warrior/sets/winter-time-is-care-about

ENJOY =)

ARTWORK BY TRIACHUS AND HELLO SPIRAL

It's good.

No, no it really isn't. Unless you're counting 'really good' as someone shitting in your face, smearing it into every open orifice and then slicing open various parts of your face and rubbing salt and the shitty mixture into the wounds.

Guest Rulohead32

It's good.

No, no it really isn't. Unless you're counting 'really good' as someone shitting in your face, smearing it into every open orifice and then slicing open various parts of your face and rubbing salt and the shitty mixture into the wounds.

Don't you see the irony? It's written in Comic Sans.

Here we are like no other it's a Friday and what's more than that is that we have ourselves a very new Marimba Warrior EP. Entitled, "winter time is care about planet time ep" the new ep hints at a new direction for the warrior. When the warrior first emerged out of the faucet at Uncle Greg's it was like nothing before that came after. Taking care of the need for quality sonic fun, the release held hits like the likes of rock and roll in portugal and walking into a saloon song. Breaking the need for genre tags and labeling, the release quickly marked the warrior as an artist to look out for.

Following the debut came two more releases, one which dived deeper into the warriors subconscious and what made him/her/it tick, while the other was a foray into the slapstick suspense of the world of acid.

And now here with the new 4 track-er, the warriors headed into his/her/its own original territory. An unexpected but welcomed change. Are grounds being broken? No, they're quite intact, yet somehow there's a feeling that small cracks are starting to appear and this may well be just a short stop before the real deal breaker is giving us subconjunctival hemorrhages.

The first track, "a good morning for the world" starts off with an off kilter hip-hop beat, obviously tricking the listener into believing this is going to be some Autechre-esque bus ride. If you fell into the warriors clever trap then you were probably bewildered when the classic warrior melody came in. Seeming to have no structure and flowing naturally like melted caramel the melodies and harmonies converge and build factories for the listening minds. If this track leaves you breathless then I say you may want to take a break, go for a walk, because the next three tracks sure get busy.

"your heart is important" is obviously an emotionally deep and 'makes you wana go number 2' track. The sad synth and melody makes the listener think, "just what made the warrior so sad?" This question may never be answered but speculating in threads may help unlock the mystery. The choral voices add to the uneasiness, like salt in your Prince of whales tea. The end is a dark reflection on the past one minute and two seconds, the beat changes up sounding like a tribal cry for help. The OPN style vocal synth ends the song.

The penultimate track is more upbeat and a return for the marimbas. The drive in the track reminds my stoic brother in law of animals lost in their own autism. Like apparently did it. The vocal sample obviously taken from the 2002 masterpiece "Y Tu Mamá También" giving the warriors cryptic roots some warm light. "I'm from another planet" the warrior seems to be suggesting something, but it is not quite clear. This may be his/her/its struggles with identity and race coming through the thick fog. The main melody is not to be ignored, it's fun. The totally apeshit glitch synth at the fianle calls for a re-listen. It ripped my earlobes apart. I really liked my earlobes.

The final track is a heavy one. Like heavy rainfall on a July night. "Infectious" is totally right. That's what the title of the track should've been but nevertheless it's an onslaught of everything you thought wasn't the warrior but you knew it must've. It is not clear what kind of party this track was written for but it must've been one hell of a party. The last several seconds are tight like a cat's sphincter. It's almost like it's asking us a question. "do you know marimba warrior?" and I have to say, I thought I did but this ep has totally blown away all previous thoughts and insects I'd associated the warrior to.

If this is like a sign for what's to come from the warriors dinner plate me and myself alike are is looking forward to it.

9.3/10 : Best New Music

Exceptional artwork.

It's always sad when artists seek to belittle other artists through jealousy.

I'd always considered the music of Idiotek to be inspired by (and somewhat derivative of) the intimidating creative talent that is MW.

What do the people in charge think about forcing all watmm traffic directly to this thread? We can still talk about all the stuff we want to talk about as long as it is related to this album and MW as an artist. We don't really need genban or ekt or anything -- it's all in here, wrapped up in this grand millennial statement.

Archived