IGNORED

Spielberg to direct Roald Dahl's BFG

essines

And with regards to Burton's Charlie I still hold that in higher regard than Alice In Wonderland and Dark Shadows. Burton has gone off the boil a lot, i think he could benefit from taking a risk and going for a more adult orientated story next like the superb Ed Wood.

EDIT: Although I loved Frankenweenie.

The original BFG movie is one my favourite still today.

Oh yes. I still use a phrase very often from that film:

"I'll give you just a snitchy bit"

Edit: Shit, the whole film's on YouTube. I used to have it on VHS and the case was all purple and glittery. Wish I had it now.

And with regards to Burton's Charlie I still hold that in higher regard than Alice In Wonderland and Dark Shadows.

That's not saying much tho, damn those movies were both awful

Yeah he redeemed himself with that one. His best movie in a looooong long time

for the longest time i thought Roald Dahl was Shel Silverstein

Iiiiiit's all the same people in every ex-child's brain. "Someone" (p.s. I was actually mixing them up in my head reading this thread)

I'm from the generation where bfg was the gun in doom, not this stupid non digital e-book thing by written by some grump who died.

How is that not the same generation? Cuz there's no fucking way you were in elementary school, with the retail box of Doom on the reading shelf to read the back of.

Childhood mind-fuck: The Doom guy only had 1 gun.

there was a certain way the light worked in 80's Spielberg films that i miss. im guess its a mix of film stock and certain cameras they dont use anymore.

And with regards to Burton's Charlie I still hold that in higher regard than Alice In Wonderland and Dark Shadows. Burton has gone off the boil a lot, i think he could benefit from taking a risk and going for a more adult orientated story next like the superb Ed Wood.

Frankenweenie was great. So was Pee wee

wow, snl actually did something passable.

I know right. nailed the Wes Anderson style pretty well.

was missing a bill murray appearance. even if it was just a quick cut to squee's avatar or something, it was kind of missing !

I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.

listen. mate. if you have an issue with the phrase "I know right" then you're better off starting a new thread about it then simply bolding the text and copy and pasting the phrase repeatedly.

You're right, that was rude, I was just a bit upset that I hear that everywhere and it is now here too.

you should try to avoid letting little things like that get to you, because it only gives them control over your life.

The original BFG movie is one my favourite still today.

Oh yes. I still use a phrase very often from that film:

"I'll give you just a snitchy bit"

Edit: Shit, the whole film's on YouTube. I used to have it on VHS and the case was all purple and glittery. Wish I had it now.

oh shit yeah we had that vhs too when we were kids.

So presumably when you hear it said out loud, you then shout it back 70 times. :biggrin:

wow, snl actually did something passable.

I know right. nailed the Wes Anderson style pretty well.

was missing a bill murray appearance. even if it was just a quick cut to squee's avatar or something, it was kind of missing !

I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.I know right.

listen. mate. if you have an issue with the phrase "I know right" then you're better off starting a new thread about it then simply bolding the text and copy and pasting the phrase repeatedly.

You're right, that was rude, I was just a bit upset that I hear that everywhere and it is now here too.

Guest bitroast

hah! I've started noticing the term "I know right!" since this thread. I've started hearing it everywhere too.
Thanks. A fucking. Bunch!!!!

I use "I know, right?!" every now and again. It's good and has its place in IDM vocab. But I don't excessively use "like" anymore, except for mad linguistic effects. I was overusing "like" for a period in elementary school, and my dad told me to stop copying Joe Pesci.

I use "I know, right?!" every now and again. It's good and has its place in IDM vocab. But I don't excessively use "like" anymore, except for mad linguistic effects. I was overusing "like" for a period in elementary school, and my dad told me to stop copying Joe Pesci.

I think your dad was talking about the New Jersey accent, and violent psychotic outbursts.

I think your dad was talking about the New Jersey accent, and violent psychotic outbursts.

I'm from the generation where bfg was the gun in doom, not this stupid non digital e-book thing by written by some grump who died.

How is that not the same generation? Cuz there's no fucking way you were in elementary school, with the retail box of Doom on the reading shelf to read the back of.

jah probably played doom when I was 5, or at least saw my friend's older bro playing round then. doom was the bees knees. my mum eventually stopped me from playing it because of the shooting even though 'but they're evil aliens mum!'

what do you mean about the one gun bit though? just on the cover or what?

Yah-- for some reason in tons of old schoolers' brains, the Doom guy was firing with 2 guns. My brain also had the same "Doom guy, 2 guns" image, until a couple years ago or so.

972911633-00.jpg

For those who are just seeing the "only 1 gun" now..... Yah-- the mind can be blown in such simple ways.

[youtubehd]oy5TJ0s2HJs[/youtubehd]

"okay"--->"like"

Guest bitroast

jah probably played doom when I was 5, or at least saw my friend's older bro playing round then. doom was the bees knees. my mum eventually stopped me from playing it because of the shooting even though 'but they're evil aliens mum!'

what do you mean about the one gun bit though? just on the cover or what?

Yah-- for some reason in tons of old schoolers' brains, the Doom guy was firing with 2 guns. My brain also had the same "Doom guy, 2 guns" image, until a couple years ago or so.

972911633-00.jpg

For those who are just seeing the "only 1 gun" now..... Yah-- the mind can be blown in such simple ways.

this is ridiculous !! mind blown.

Archived