IGNORED

Call for female electronic Musicians

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Barung

It's just an independent record label, the one who runs it has the power to decide what to put out and from who I guess. Not getting employed because of sex/ethnicity would be a different argument.

All I see here is insecure people whining and unfunny gifs/penis jokes

(The one about logic and reason was funny tho)

It's just an independent record label, the one who runs it has the power to decide what to put out and from who I guess. Not getting employed because of sex/ethnicity would be a different argument.

If you're getting gigs or signed to a label based on your gender then.... what do you call that?

If you're getting gigs or signed to a label based on your gender then.... what do you call that?

an opportunity to get noticed a little better in world's most sausage field?

Guest Barung

Aren't they free of releasing whatever they want? I personally think this Male/Female or Black/White only thing is enormously dumb, but then again why would I want my records to be released on a label that is irrelevant to my interests? A female-only label? Fine. Aren't there tons of other labels to contact? Seriously man you are not going to accomplish anything by arguing anyway, not that other people here seem to have good arguments

Also it's crazy how a thread started with the purpose of finding women that make electronic music derailed so badly, how did it even happen?

Funny-gif-man-jump-out-the-window.gif

tumblr_mlvt35c18T1sppkkqo1_500.gif

I have just seen The IT Crowd for the first time a few weeks ago, so glad i'm getting references

and jesus christ stepheng stfu

No. Fuck yourself triasshole.

I'm allowed to have an opinion.

If you're going to jump into a thread with nothing constructive or relevant to say just to be inflammatory and make personal attacks I'm going to do the same.

Aren't they free of releasing whatever they want? I personally think this Male/Female or Black/White only thing is enormously dumb, but then again why would I want my records to be released on a label that is irrelevant to my interests? A female-only label? Fine. Aren't there tons of other labels to contact? Seriously man you are not going to accomplish anything by arguing anyway, not that other people here seem to have good arguments

I know, everyone has a different stance on it.

I'm not going to argue about this anymore.

(opens "seeking white artists only for white man event" thread*)

The funny thing is, Mr. G, is that you can do that. You're allowed to open such a thread. Who tells you you can't? No-one will shoot it down. This is a free world!

I mean, MadameChaos is allowed to have a female only thread and she doesn't get any negative posts saying she...ah, wait, she did. Never mind.

Funny-gif-man-jump-out-the-window.gif

tumblr_mlvt35c18T1sppkkqo1_500.gif

I have just seen The IT Crowd for the first time a few weeks ago, so glad i'm getting references

and jesus christ stepheng stfu

So do I. Or do you want someone to explain that to you as well? Big smelly doodoo head. Neener neener.

Where is your opinion? Saying "stfu" isn't an opinion. Formulate a relevant and coherent argument or don't bother commenting.

What you said is inflammatory and something I expect out of a 5 year old.

Big smelly doodoo head. Neener neener.

Point in case.

Guest Barung

The funny thing is, Mr. G, is that you can do that. You're allowed to open such a thread. Who tells you you can't? No-one will shoot it down. This is a free world!

I mean, MadameChaos is allowed to have a female only thread and she doesn't get any negative posts saying she...ah, wait, she did. Never mind.

Are you implying that such thread wouldn't get negative response? There will always be someone who feels left out, stepheng just let his opinion out (even if I would have been happier he didn't), going full whiteknight is unnecessary.

Are you implying that such thread wouldn't get negative response? There will always be someone who feels left out, stepheng just let his opinion out (even if I would have been happier he didn't), going full whiteknight is unnecessary.

I would never do that of course, it would be as ridiculous as this thread.

Calling attention to something creates awareness of it. If something or some group of people is largely ignored, then how can they gain this so-called merit for which you speak?

Are they lacking in attention because they are female, or do men have a more innate ability to make good sounding music? That I don't know, but I do know that the pop scene is dominated by female artists.

Seems like they are doing just fine to me. If anything there should be a thread promoting male pop artists.

something I expect out of a 5 year old.

+

don't bother commenting.

+

=

:ok:

Proud of you.

popcorn32.gif

• photo-2241.jpg?_r=1401481490

Archived