IGNORED

Call for female electronic Musicians

I can't be fucked to read this thread beyond the second page but if no-one has posted this yet

mariokart.jpg

so, by being born white, male, cis, and straight, a person is automatically in first place, despite what hardships they might be suffering in their personal life? that's really nice.

i know they're trying to promote "equality" or "social justice," but they're doing it within the same paradigm that caused discrimination in the first place, i.e., they are dividing people up by gender, sexuality, and skin color in an attempt to stop other people from dividing people up into gender, sexuality, and skin color. obviously this is not a good long-term solution.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the set of "hardships in personal life" applies just as much across those boundaries, so it sets people back equally. I can also see the argument that the minority members are more likely to be suffering those hardships.

People definitely need to be taken care of during difficult times, but I think that's a different issue than creating a forum for a group that's been at a disadvantage.

And I sort of agree with you about the long term, but I don't think it changes the necessity of such groups or events at this time.

This thread reminds of something Doris Lessing once wrote about the class system:

"I once wrote in a book review that the caste system in this country was as complicated as that of India. I had 37 indignant letters saying that class distinctions had been killed in the Second World War. They were all from middle class people."

to be honest whatever your stance on the opening poster's intentions, you've got to concede that it's a fucking disgrace that the climate at watmm doesn't allow for you know just asking if any female musicians would like to do a gig

at least the thread ended up being pretty lol

a thread-ly heterotopia

i fucking hate cultural studies

and neokantian individualism

to be honest whatever your stance on the opening poster's intentions, you've got to concede that it's a fucking disgrace that the climate at watmm doesn't allow for you know just asking if any female musicians would like to do a gig

at least the thread ended up being pretty lol

a thread-ly heterotopia

i fucking hate cultural studies

and neokantian individualism

Amen.

maybe the thing is that in art, anything should be fair game

so if you think of a music night as an outlet of creative expression - presenting one gender only might have a certain meaning or vibe that could be interesting

I don't see a problem with a night that is only open to male performers - I wonder what meaning it would have? I imagine it could be seen as being a bit controversial but that's fine (for some reason whitehouse spring to mind)

the thing is that in either case, as long as men and women can both attend - it isn't necessarily discriminating in the same way that casting a female role in a film isn't

maybe? or is that a bit of a stretch?

Ah thanks, my answer is simple. It's never been done... *waits to be proven wrong*

There was a great gig in Warsaw called 4 Women no Cry:

Which spawned this collection of female only comps -

http://boomkat.com/search?fields%5B%5D=artist&in_stock=0&limit=75&q=FOUR+WOMEN+NO+CRY&sort=price

Ah thanks, my answer is simple. It's never been done... *waits to be proven wrong*

There was a great gig in Warsaw called 4 Women no Cry:

Which spawned this collection of female only comps -

http://boomkat.com/search?fields%5B%5D=artist&in_stock=0&limit=75&q=FOUR+WOMEN+NO+CRY&sort=price

is it ok if i say this woman is freakishly attractive not only for her looks but for the fact she is glitching out up there

I can't be fucked to read this thread beyond the second page but if no-one has posted this yet

mariokart.jpg

so, by being born white, male, cis, and straight, a person is automatically in first place, despite what hardships they might be suffering in their personal life? that's really nice.

i know they're trying to promote "equality" or "social justice," but they're doing it within the same paradigm that caused discrimination in the first place, i.e., they are dividing people up by gender, sexuality, and skin color in an attempt to stop other people from dividing people up into gender, sexuality, and skin color. obviously this is not a good long-term solution.

i agree, we should be seeing our similarities and respecting our differences not drawing up borders and filling up on ammunition with which to fire at the other side. It is all about dividing us up into warring factions imO, using extremists from every camp as flag bearers. It should be about the love damnit. But i'm apparently the resident nutter, so what do i know.

the fucking arguments are over guys, this is from now on a thread about a women only electronic music night. Not the social implications of some girls deciding to have some fun running their own bloody tea party. If i have to spend any more of my day removing posts people are getting warning points, or suspensions.

Also, and importantly, what happens in chatmm stays in chatmm. It's not to be used to drag arguments out by misquoting people. And a sense of humour and self reflection is vital to online life, if you see something that may upset you, pull out the flower before the knife.

good grief, if i missed something say it nicely.

Also, and importantly, what happens in chatmm stays in chatmm. It's not to be used to drag arguments out by misquoting people. And a sense of humour and self reflection is vital to online life, if you see something that may upset you, pull out the flower before the knife.

Also, there's nothing wrong with the word tranny. cheers. It is about context. And you just kept the negative thread posting going rather than talking about the gig and it's things.

Archived