IGNORED

His Elvis Majesty

delet...

Are You Lonesome Tonight has to be one of his best performances and song selections, written in 1926 by Lou Handman and Roy Turk. The spoken word middle section keeps it from being perfect, but it's a haunting and lovely rendition otherwise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cS5aCozhcA

I listened to a big chunk of Elvis songs last year, and even considered making this thread.... but I thought better of it.

not a fan of Elvis at all really, but you cant argue with his coked-up performance of Suspicious Minds in Las Vegas...especially from 2.10 onwards...

[youtubehd]Wb0Jmy-JYbA[/youtubehd]

I've always found this incredibly tragic to behold:

http://youtu.be/uWqax9iHfRU

My grandmother is a big Elvis fan, he's one of those funny super famous personalities that everyone knows of - to the extent that I grew up more with the pop culture references to him more than his actual music.

His actual music is quite good though, even the meh and kitschy stuff, man was talented. I've watched Blue Hawaii a few times, the soundtrack and 50s tiki culture nods are up my alley.

I've always found this incredibly tragic to behold:

http://youtu.be/uWqax9iHfRU

My grandmother is a big Elvis fan, he's one of those funny super famous personalities that everyone knows of - to the extent that I grew up more with the pop culture references to him more than his actual music.

His actual music is quite good though, even the meh and kitschy stuff, man was talented. I've watched Blue Hawaii a few times, the soundtrack and 50s tiki culture nods are up my alley.

He had a good singing voice with a tone and warbly style that was unique to him. To me, more than being super intrested in it, it brings back memories of saturday afternoon matinées on tv. His films whilst campy, drew you in to a strange and distant technicolour land from the past, which was generally safe, warm and fun. Elvis wanted to be a serious actor, and from the perfomance in his first film, you believe that he could have pulled off, but thanks to his manager he was never allowed to be anything more than a candyland cash machine. Makes you wonder where his career might have gone had that man not entered his life.

Musically i'm not that intrested in him other than that's alright now mamma, and a couple of songs from his movies, and i really don't like suspicious minds, lol sorry bcm. I don't mind a couple of dread zepplin tracks though, haha. Well i think i might still like them, it's been like 20 years or something.

Elvis wanted to be a serious actor, and from the perfomance in his first film, you believe that he could have pulled off, but thanks to his manager he was never allowed to be anything more than a candyland cash machine. Makes you wonder where his career might have gone had that man not entered his life.

I still need to see that film, Love Me Tender. My dad told me when he was a really little kid that movie made him really sad because he actually thought Elvis died for real.

Archived