IGNORED

Chris Moss Acid - The Acid That Ate Bournemouth EP - Don't Records

Putting acid tracks through a distortion effect has to be one of the most noob-like clichés in the entire genre. There's little to say about the melodies on offer as there aren't any of interest. In about 9 years of listening to Chris Moss Acid, it's impossible to say that there has been any growth or development in his output. He's the Kosmik Kommando of today. There's no way that any of this stuff surpasses Ceephax or even tries to find new territory. I've given this a chance and listened to it from start to finish before coming to the conclusion that even 20 years from now CMA won't be able to write a simple tune. But he has done one or two decent trax over the years, they are a couple of tiny little gold coins in a pirate's treasure chest full of pig poo. Innovations in the dynamics of acid? None to be found here. :diablo:

well i'm just super glad i write music for my own enjoyment and not yours, other-wise i'd be in big trouble. I had a total riot in 2014 recording music, one of the happiest music times in my life.

and just to clarify something though, nothing was run though a distortion effect in any of these tracks on the 12''. reverb, yep, distortion, nope. it was a custom algorithm on the Boss SE-70 i'll give you the settings if your interested?

& lastly i'd like to know the one or two decent tracks you liked.

thanks

chris

Archived