IGNORED

A couple of things about Canada

Audioblysk

So, I've been in Vancouver BC and surrounding area for the last few days and have a couple of gripes you Canadian WATMMers need to fix in your country.

1. The traffic lights in downtown and surrounding Vancouver. Who in the fuck builds a 4 lane road with stop signs at the crossing?! I had to wait 3 lights to turn left onto Main and 12th because the only time I can turn is when the pedestrian walking sign is on... and considering how many people (slow old asians) that were crossing - it's infuriating.

2. Learn to walk in a crowded area. I had to go to the mall in Burnaby to get a fancy shirt for a fancy dinner - I was on the verge of just shoving children and goons out of my way. People stopping in the middle of a crowd, walking in the middle of a two lane foot traffic space and just meandering. A lot of this was coming from the Asian population out here, which I understand being from Seattle... but for fucks sake, its like walking in a heard of retards who are just out for a stroll. I got shoulder-clipped by like half the dudes walking by me and my girlfriend to the point where the last guy who ran into me hit the floor after I knew he was coming.

3. Most women I have seen fall into the 8 or below score of attractiveness out of 10... same goes for the dudes.

4. EVERYTHING IS SO DAMNED EXPENSIVE. My superior American dollar doesn't do much when everything is like 30% more expensive than in the states. I guess you have a regulated banking industry and nationalized healthcare, but how the fuck does anyone afford to live out here?

5. Upon walking in nature (out by whistler) with my lady there was something that infuriated me - if you're passing someone on a hiking or nature trail, in the States or pretty much everywhere, you say 'coming up on your left' or 'excuse us, can we pass' ... but NO... out here I get speedwalking soccer moms walking 3 inches behind me with their dogs nose up my ass before I just step to the side and they breeze on by me with no sentiment. This happened like 10 times walking around these trails.

Fix those things

On a brighter note. The people up here are very nice for the most part, the landscape is gorgeous, the food is great, and I would come here again :emotawesomepm9:

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dear Audiobloke, Beerwolf answers your Canadian questions.

You are a cunt. And obviously have no idea about Canada. I am a cunt and I also have no idea about Canada either.

Seriously mate you go to Canada to see bears, kayak in azure blue mountain pools, hook massive fucking trout, pour maple elixer over your cock while patiently hunting a massive fucking moose.

Why would you go to Canada and worry about crowds, traffic systems, traffic lights and women?

Bechuga's Thoughts About Canada (Despite Having Never Been There):

1. Ottawa sounds like a set of bad scrabble letters

2. Margaret Atwood is funny (also sometimes I type 'Atwoof')

3. Devin Townsend is from Canada and I like his music a lot (he is also funny)

4. I tried to send a CD to Canada three times and was rebuffed each time: your customs are SO STRICT

5. Joke about there only being four points

I am deeply humbled by your inefficient country full of basic looking nobodies chugging maple syrup and eating poutine

Thank you for starting the petitions, we work hard at dragging down the rest of the globe with us - so thank us for the ride

USA

USA

USA

I am deeply humbled by your inefficient country full of basic looking nobodies chugging maple syrup and eating poutine

Thank you for starting the petitions, we work hard at dragging down the rest of the globe with us - so thank us for the ride

USA

USA

USA

I found what you're saying to be true, tbh. But I think it's because we're less "busy".

I found when I was in the US everyone felt like they were busybodies, like everyone HAD to be somewhere in the next 15 minutes and that they were running super late. I find Canada to be much more relaxed (probably because we're used to having so much leisure time, with our strong economy and decent wages and all. :wink:).

I found other countries to be even more relaxed, Peru especially. People would shuffle around like they had all the time in the world.

as a canadian who has been to vancouver many many times i do agree about the busyness and the unfriendly people there.

come to vancouver island, where i live, very different . vancouver isn't the best example of canada.

don't worry dude I'm headed to my local hiking trail to hand out informative flyers on hiking etiquette right this second

best post.

Also, i thought canada was renowned for it's courteous population, perhaps that is changing. Here poeple in shopping malls can be infuriating, when you are on the pavement on the street or somewhere with a little more room like an outdoor mall it's a little easier because can predict direction in advance and have just enough room to traverse around the discreet clusters of the zombie mass. In shopping malls groups that walk along in an adjacent line taking up the whole passage though, they should supply my with a pitchfork and a chainsaw, i'd soon clear out the chaff. Some even seem offended when you say things to budge them like 'excuse me', so given that social mores appear to be being washed away from our society perhaps one day my pitchfork idea wouldn't be frowned upon.. "yeah fuckit, just kill 'em", they'll all shout, never realising, or sensitive enough to the reality of their existence to consider that they are the target of my ire.

pheh.

as a canadian who has been to vancouver many many times i do agree about the busyness and the unfriendly people there.

come to vancouver island, where i live, very different . vancouver isn't the best example of canada.

Great place to make idm

3. Most women I have seen fall into the 8 or below score of attractiveness out of 10... same goes for the dudes.

Maybe. I'm starting to believe that thing about us being the worst dressed city on the continent/ in canada

So, I've been in Vancouver BC and surrounding area for the last few days and have a couple of gripes you Canadian WATMMers need to fix in your country.

1. The traffic lights in downtown and surrounding Vancouver. Who in the fuck builds a 4 lane road with stop signs at the crossing?! I had to wait 3 lights to turn left onto Main and 12th because the only time I can turn is when the pedestrian walking sign is on... and considering how many people (slow old asians) that were crossing - it's infuriating.

2. Learn to walk in a crowded area. I had to go to the mall in Burnaby to get a fancy shirt for a fancy dinner - I was on the verge of just shoving children and goons out of my way. People stopping in the middle of a crowd, walking in the middle of a two lane foot traffic space and just meandering. A lot of this was coming from the Asian population out here, which I understand being from Seattle... but for fucks sake, its like walking in a heard of retards who are just out for a stroll. I got shoulder-clipped by like half the dudes walking by me and my girlfriend to the point where the last guy who ran into me hit the floor after I knew he was coming.

4. EVERYTHING IS SO DAMNED EXPENSIVE. My superior American dollar doesn't do much when everything is like 30% more expensive than in the states. I guess you have a regulated banking industry and nationalized healthcare, but how the fuck does anyone afford to live out here?

5. Upon walking in nature (out by whistler) with my lady there was something that infuriated me - if you're passing someone on a hiking or nature trail, in the States or pretty much everywhere, you say 'coming up on your left' or 'excuse us, can we pass' ... but NO... out here I get speedwalking soccer moms walking 3 inches behind me with their dogs nose up my ass before I just step to the side and they breeze on by me with no sentiment. This happened like 10 times walking around these trails.

Fix those things

On a brighter note. The people up here are very nice for the most part, the landscape is gorgeous, the food is great, and I would come here again :emotawesomepm9:

1. That intersection is controlled by traffic lights, and if you're turning from Main onto 12th, has a turning lane both ways. The turning arrows in general suck in Vancouver, that intersection only works in favour of traffic during rush hours (so heading north into downtown in the morning, and opposite in the evening). It's not a terrible intersection by any stretch.

However I will agree that fully 90% of the city doesn't know how to drive and the light system here in general does suck.

2. Fully agree. I blame that mostly on the Chinese and Koreans, idiots do not know how to walk in public places. Most frustrating experience in Korea is trying to pass a trio of school girls with arms interlocked strolling down the sidewalk at the pace of about 0.00005 km/hr

3. Unlike in the US, we prefer the healthy look, so sorry if we don't match up to the standards set by your 1200lb heifers. I kid of course, but I find plenty of attractive women in Vancouver.

4. Yeah. Heh. Why do you think so many people go to the states to shop? ;)

5. That's weird, people always say "on your left" or whatever...maybe you were just exuding that smug American fragrance? ;) j/k j/k j/k

On a not-so-bright note - fuck you for not bothering to hit a brother up.

Oh and just be Canadian about the whole thing, I'm sorry.

2. Fully agree. I blame that mostly on the Chinese and Koreans, idiots do not know how to walk in public places. Most frustrating experience in Korea is trying to pass a trio of school girls with arms interlocked strolling down the sidewalk at the pace of about 0.00005 km/hr

I had this happen the other day, was checking out some café/bistro zone in a revamped westfield and the eateries were placed around a circular promenade which enclosed some water feature thingee. Anyway, across the whole width of the promenade with absolutely no room to spare ambled a gaggle of chinese schoolgirls, they didn't even acknowledge traffic in the opposite direction. The girl lined up with me could see me but was pretending to look at her phone. One shoulder barge later i continued on my way.

Welcome to dleetistan bitches.

/cue early 90's west coast hip hop music.

That's basically what I ended up doing after about a week in Seoul. Use the forearms to part them like Moses parting the red sea. Or like an Alien coming out of ripley. Something along those lines.

Archived