IGNORED

Squarepusher - Abacus 2 (Bitraete Remix)

Bitraete

Okay yeah I see what you mean by your need for change :cat:

It was very enjoyable, and the last 2 minutes, 3:50-5:50 of Abacus 2 was ESPECIALLY lush. I'm assuming you're using a ton of bitcrushing/ring modulating here? I admire how you can make those last two minutes appear so loud at parts, but it not be ear piercing in the slightest. Kinda reminds me of those really high pitches in ziggomatic the way you're handling that section. I honestly wouldn't mind another 5 minutes of that part and variations of!

Oh yes, at 1:23, how are you doing that effect? I hear it a lot but haven't found it myself for some reason.

Well, As far as criticism goes, I feel like the section from 2:09 - 3:09 sounds more like an outro, and would probably work better at the end. I think that it would be cool if you spent the first two minutes introducing elements of what the last two minutes are all about as a kind of buildup, since it feels like it comes out of nowhere, you know? Like you said about mine, it's taste. I like context (i think), so I think a proper buildup would be pretty powerful.

Well, As far as criticism goes, I feel like the section from 2:09 - 3:09 sounds more like an outro, and would probably work better at the end. I think that it would be cool if you spent the first two minutes introducing elements of what the last two minutes are all about as a kind of buildup, since it feels like it comes out of nowhere, you know? Like you said about mine, it's taste. I like context (i think), so I think a proper buildup would be pretty powerful.

Oh for fucks sake. That thing happened where the browser lost everything I typed into the box. Grrr.

I'll be brief. Thanks for listening :) Yes indeed, I was using a bunch of bitcrush and timestretching. Those are actually two of my fav things to do :P

The bit at 1:23 is timestreching. There's a cool free vst you can use actually. It's included in this bundle.

I'm actually not with you on the 2:09-3:09 bit. To me that's an enjoyable mid-track breakdown.

Thanks for the plugins! I've used the glitch plugin before, but it's been a long time, maybe if I stack them something interesting will happen.

I'm actually just thinking the breakdown is too long. I think you could shorten it to greater effect, with less time between the changes that are happening between the repetition. I hope that makes sense.

Archived