IGNORED

Elektron reverb ~ dark chocolate diarreah

Guest chunky

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm borrowing a Monomachine from a friend right now. He showed me this video that kind of inspired me, but I'm having trouble getting into phase two of the machine currently.

Cool video though:

does it work? would you share if it does?

it does kinda, but I won't be giving away half-working prototypes anymore... it literally pays to make a nice UI & stick it on the App Store... takes time tho..

I'm borrowing a Monomachine from a friend right now. He showed me this video that kind of inspired me, but I'm having trouble getting into phase two of the machine currently.

Cool video though:

yep, that video pretty much sealed the deal for me. It'll probably be a while before I actually make anything near that quality.. that is, once I actually get the damn thing (it's on backorder, aargh)

does it work? would you share if it does?

it does kinda, but I won't be giving away half-working prototypes anymore... it literally pays to make a nice UI & stick it on the App Store... takes time tho..

dont shelve it! it was a great idea

Ah stoked on your pcm70 grab lala. You have the famous tiled room to use at your disposal now ha.

so ive heard - need to get some good samples and try and find sweet spots. but ive moved studios again (bah) and im knee deep in boxes or wires, with 2 frames as my table space. boh

atm running complex acid through the gated chamber preset, which sounds like its flying though tunnels

I will agree the MD reverb is complete dogshit, but the reverb on the newer Elektron gear isn't bad at all. Especially when you start P-Locking the FX parameters.

How's the monomachine reverb? I can't really find any good demonstration videos on youtube. I'll probably end up running mine through my awesome behringer reverb or a quadraverb or something but it'd be nice if the MnM reverb is decent..

Guest Chesney

I imagine it will be the same as the MD. It's not great as a reverb but you can get nice effects with it if used sparingly and inventively with P locking.

The Monomachine reverb hasn't impressed me, I'll say that. Like Chesney said, it can be interesting but it's not 'good' really. I'd say that it's passable at best. I may try and record some tests with it later.

The Nicholas Lem video, if anyone didn't notice, is all done on Monomachine . . . except he's using something else for some effects. I haven't dissected the video, but I would guess that a basic reverb/compression on everything is what he's got going. The MM compression isn't bad but from I can tell it's best used sparingly, as it's a little hard (for me at least) to control.

Ah right. Guess I'll leave the lush reverbs to the behringer. And yeah, I think I'll end up getting a dedicated compressor as well, something that I can use for the extreme sidechaining that I've been getting into lately (not in a pumpy dance way, more like a weird psychedelic smashed IDM sound)

everyone's buying elektron

what nobody is doing is switching off the onboard reverb

elektron reverb sounds like a pig a few hours after lunch time; his bowels are ready to explode with shit

im ready to write placards and go protest in front the swedish embassy ~ who's with me?

They should recall that filthy diarrheverb like IKEA did with horse meatballs lol

^me too with the compressor thing^

i own bad compressors and my favourite was stolen from me. now ive got some money coming im going to treat myself to an expensive mixbuss beast. listening to syro has me dreaming of a chandler, which i could stretch to, but its a lot of money for one compressor. also api or distressors. so many good ones around.

I haven't even looked into compressors tbh. I think my dad has one that he was going to give to me at some point but I'm not sure what the quality is like. I'd probably just go for behringer again otherwise. I don't want to spend another $1500 on hardware this year hahah!

Here's a bit I did as a test to give an idea of the reverb. I start clean with 0 reverb, then kick it on at the default mix amount (30/127) and then fuck with it intermittently, taking it obviously to ridiculous amounts, on both drums/synth/combo. The last 30 or so seconds of the track is a quick approximation of what I would likely use, assuming I actually used the built-in reverb.

https://soundcloud.com/tsrono/monomachine-test-tn0

Ah, thanks! That's very helpful. Pretty standard digital reverb I guess. Good for short stuff/room emulation, I'd say. I'll probably just end up splitting the channels to the individual outputs and using outboard reverb as a send effect on my mixer or something.

Guest Chesney

Don't bother with behringer compression. I'm surprised you like the reverb so much but then again I have not heard it so being elite presumtious ;)

Pick up a second hand Drawmer or DBX.

Yeah I found a few interesting sounds while pushing the Monomachine's reverb into odd realms. But for traditional reverb, it's best used sparingly.

In fact, I'd say that dynamic goes for the most of the Monomachine: not impressive when playing it straight, but you can pull some unique sounds out when you push it.

Sent using magic space waves

How do you find it for crazy drums sounds? those in your soundcloud were quite interesting

Thanks. I have the lower-tier version of the Monomachine, so the drum sounds that are loaded in are sparse and, at best, just okay. I had to tweak the drums pretty hard to get those glitchy sounds out of the presets.

Honestly, I'm not 100% sure what the deal is on it with loading in other sounds for drums, etc.

Sent using magic space waves

Archived