IGNORED

Berlin - record shops ?

Staadrengen

Im off to Berlin next week. Five days I got. Will spend a single day record hunting (only vinyl) .

Any shops you can recommend with a broad spectre of records ( idm,weirdo, 60s, outsider music, lounge etc) ?

I will stay in Friedrichshain.

I don't vinyl but I guess you should visit Space Hall and Hardwax imo..

avoid fleamarkets (mauerpark), used to be good but now overrun with tourists.

thanks phling will check them out . cant remember if i visited those shops last year when i was in your city.

update : Space Hall . Where there last year (great place) and as i remember there was another fine shop quit close .

Everything hardwax has in stock is always listed as such on their website. There is no need to go there physically unless you like to be scowled at by DJ Pete.

Everything hardwax has in stock is always listed as such on their website. There is no need to go there physically unless you like to be scowled at by DJ Pete.

thanks . i will reconsider my visit there and check the website first.

It's worth visiting - I was amazed at how when I went to check out, the clerk pulled a sealed copy of each record from the back room. Benefits of being a distributor as well as a record shop.

• 4 months later...

Sorry to necro the thread but I'm off to Berlin in a few weeks myself. Got plenty of cool record shops to clock from here, but any decent mid-week nights out you guys know about? Slightly gutted I'm missing Laurel Halo's album launch party at OHM tonight :(

Archived