IGNORED

Yes, androids do dream of electric sheep

zlemflolia

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope you dont mind me bumping my progress as i try and get the fidelity better

11717481_10152950445867826_1820594493568

hmmm...I wonder if you could use this program to render a video game environment. I see potential for some kind of abstract, music based, point accumulation game, or just some kind of psychedelic sandbox

it takes 15 mins to render a pass with my system, and its no slouch... i wonder if CUDA or something would speed it up

maybe they can make a reverse deepdream so when youre heavily tripping everything looks normal

qRB9I3A.jpg

That's beautiful. I can haz desktop?

unfortunately i rendered that using an online service which is limited in resolution. when i get it up and running i'll do a high-res version.

me and my dawg

8bBzZpN.jpg

IqZKtnJ.jpg

I hope you dont mind me bumping my progress as i try and get the fidelity better

11717481_10152950445867826_1820594493568

hmmm...I wonder if you could use this program to render a video game environment. I see potential for some kind of abstract, music based, point accumulation game, or just some kind of psychedelic sandbox

it takes 15 mins to render a pass with my system, and its no slouch... i wonder if CUDA or something would speed it up

maybe they can make a reverse deepdream so when youre heavily tripping everything looks normal

well you would render the image then do some kind of transposing to a 3D environment where you could reduce detail where necessary so it's playable. Really though just using the output as an inspiration for level design or something would be functional. could this process be applied to a 3D environment? I really have no understanding of what is going on here.

it would be amazing if they could teach it how to use a 3d modelling program! this is not a 3d process unfortunately. it just works on pixels

yeah you can do what you said, (using as inspiration) its a lot easier now - you can paint on models in real time a lot better, so you could use these outputs as textures, on some walls, say, and then sculpt the walls using the texture as a guide/or use bump maps so it looks more 3D.

it would certainly make pretty messed up levels. I could change all the textures in doom or half life or something so they all are puppyslugs, then tweak the models so they follow the look of the new textures. haaha

Guest bitroast

XBaD6MV.jpg

oh my god, kitty cat *u*

feeding same picture around over and over again is so much fun...

2e9b4441-0592-4ce3-b896-f8b3d7eaa3ff.jpg

Guest bitroast

i like 1-3 passes. after that it becomes diminishing returns as you lose the original image to the puppyslugs imo

kitty works tho :)

yeah i'm noticing that too. i was sitting here looking at the various pics and the earlier ones hit a sweet spot. the cat one keeps pumping out crazy visuals tho.. it has gotten a bit ' too far !! too far !! ' at this point tho xD

Guest bitroast

hollywood movies seriously (IMO) need to use this either as influence or exactly use the code as basis for alien specifes in sci fi movie. seeing giant blobby cat dog with multiple centipede-like giraffe legs is seriously some of the most "alien" out there shit i've seen. certainly scarier than giant lizard cloverfield godzilla Alien stuff over and over again.

the first cat one is the best - green gorilla dude top left, with bird under, and that weird dog/bear top right where it recognised the ironwork as swirly eyes. lmao

you remember which render type the top one was>?

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

Someone should do a cut of Lawnmower Man with all the VR CGI scenes put through this process

Guest bitroast

the first cat one is the best - green gorilla dude top left, with bird under, and that weird dog/bear top right where it recognised the ironwork as swirly eyes. lmao

you remember which render type the top one was>?

i don't unfortanately.. i'm still just feeding them randomly through http://deepdream.akkez.ru/and selecting random renders each time, and i'm doing so many at the same time that i'm losing track of what is what :)

here are the source pics if you would like to try it

mZOFmc7.jpgtEB2IeI.jpg

Archived