IGNORED

Yes, androids do dream of electric sheep

zlemflolia

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bitroast

oh yess! saw MC post a pic of this and immediately loved it.

the extra insight + extra pics seals the deal. these are great. ^^

Yeah, basically supports the idea that psychedelics put the human pattern recognition apparatus on overdrive. Seeing forms where should be just simple patterns.

Somebody should do this to audio.. creating speech from white noise, etc.

ah yea basic acid trip hallucination is the edge effect on things,so our brains are the same as that bollocks n lsd shows that or something, cool

some of these look disturbingly similar to LSD hallucinations

edit: especially the google logo, shiiiiit

THe scream one that zeffolia linked to

YoDpcyE.jpg

The machine is asked to find birds on a picture with no birds and what does the machine do? It makes its own birds up. That's the attitude, future AI overlord

i, for one, welcome our new acid tripping ai overlords

I can't wait for this to be applied to video and sound.

Video should be easy, but a ton of work, you just have to do it for each individual frame.

Would really like to try this, can I generate these images myself?

Video should be easy, but a ton of work, you just have to do it for each individual frame.

Would really like to try this, can I generate these images myself?

The machine vision systems used for video can detect things like movement. Forcing the system to see movement where there is none would be pretty LSD-like indeed.

These are probably the closest pictures/visual representations of drug trips I've seen. V cool.

Probably not too far off from how your own brain creates visuals during an LSD trip either. The increased serotonin can cause you to search your visual field for recurring patterns and make up non-existent associations between things. So you may very well undergo a similar process to what these machines were asked to do - i.e. enhance certain aspects of a scene to accentuate patterns or recognizable features that you may have previous experience with. I've found from personal experience that acid hallucinations aren't typically just random shit that appears of nowhere, but rather things that spring up from already distorted objects. For example, a spiral-like textured wall may begin to curve and curl in on itself (your brain accentuating and enhancing the curves into a fluid motion), which could create hallucinations of snakes or other slithery things coming out of the wall (your brain further making associations between the curving patterns and other recognizable, moving curved objects, in this case snakes).

If that makes sense to anybody, this is difficult subject matter to approach in strictly written form.

Archived