IGNORED

Roland Finally Made an Analog Poly

LimpyLoo

The Microkorg is really powerful and there's nothing wrong with it. The interface is even relatively workable, but if i hear one more arpeggiated microkorg preset i'm gonna throw up (that's the main reason for the lol).

Personally i think it's not that easy to make sounds with, though, because on the one hand you have really bright and buzzy sounds with a lot of presence, and on the other noisy, "airy" VA stuff which sounds as if you had run it through 20 effect pedals, and although you have different filters it all falls into these two categories somehow.

However I'm pretty sure there must be few better synths for the price, and I also have weird taste in synths (the CZ1000 and DX21 being my favourites).

i'm right there with you on the CZ-1000

super cheap (used to be ~$100)

I had one for like a year

didn't use it much

sold it and then immediately wanted it back

I've owned the MicroKorg for like 10 years

and i think it's super easy to use

(probably just cause i'm familiar with it)

it did take me years to get comfortable with the matrix setup

but now i find it to be the perfect little workhorse synth

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, the reason I bought my Quaismidi Sirius is because it looks like Star Trek.

quasimidi-sirius-216343.jpg

i've never ever heard of that thing

what it do?

Unfortunately, it shat itself recently so I am a bit sad. Something to do with the main board - and the company isn't really around anymore. Just currently sitting on a bookshelf taunting me at how useless it is.

What it used to do is make all sorts of cool noises. It's designed to be a 90s dance synth (when they came out), but it is so hands on and easy to edit (look at all the knobs!) that it's really fun to play. It doesn't really do all the traditional sounds in a pristine manner, but gets really dirty and and overdriven really easily. Which I like(d). Good digital all-rounder though, tonnes of bottom end.

i had a dream last night there was a shop with loads of analogue synths and also the jxda or whatever its name is, and i liked that one the most

did it look like this place :

probably the craziest analog synth store i've ever seen

they literally had a stack of comestically perfect looking oberheim expanders in one corner the only time i got to visit

Ahhh I went there last year, so amazing. There was also a cute little synth store in Shibuya near Tower Records that had a couple of 303s just casually lying around.

edit: oh hey a friend of mine from the chip scene made that video

i was trying to track down a store the whole time i was there that had a lot of used yamaha gear but i couldn't find one. The analog fetish disease has infected Japan big time too.

nice!

edit: oh hey a friend of mine from the chip scene made that video

did it look like this place :

probably the craziest analog synth store i've ever seen

they literally had a stack of comestically perfect looking oberheim expanders in one corner the only time i got to visit

oh man that place looks so amazing

it is until you realize 'how much does it cost to ship back to the states, oh holy shit nevermind'

the prices are sometimes slightly better than ebay prices and sometimes a little higher. I think many years ago before synth people from all over the world discovered it you could get really good deals there

we should all make a watmm pact

that if any watmm designs a time machine

first order of business is to go back 20 years

and load up on

$200 303's

$400 jupiter 4's

$700 cs-80's

etc

it is until you realize 'how much does it cost to ship back to the states, oh holy shit nevermind'

the prices are sometimes slightly better than ebay prices and sometimes a little higher. I think many years ago before synth people from all over the world discovered it you could get really good deals there

I'm going back again in september, hoping to have enough money to pick something up. Maybe just something new though, like one of the new electribe samplers or a kaoss pad or maybe even an ms20 kit or something, since prices here in australia are fucked and I'll have space in my checked luggage

we should all make a watmm pact

that if any watmm designs a time machine

first order of business is to go back 20 years

and load up on

$200 303's

$400 jupiter 4's

$700 cs-80's

etc

Then of course, sell them in the future for mad profit, so the money can be used to buy weed.

Actually, forget the effort of the time machine and music gear business, just buy some weed now.

Guest chunky

rbox shut down, was a little shop near a nursing college, had to take private railway line to get there. he had a web shop and was willing to post abroad but not many knew about his shop. he had yamaha stuff, gone now

www.digimart.net search engine for japanese music gear shops.

5g used to have 3 korg ps3100s, 2 rhodes chromas, minimoogs. on their old site it said afx had been there b4, harajuku is famous.

osaka has a place called implant4, old and new gear

modelessfactory.com old roland technical guy, ebayer

in japan yahoo auctions is more popular than ebay

china has had cheap yamahas, really random: tx816,tx81z,sy77,sy99,tg77(600-1000 yuan) on taobao.com but that site only works properly from a chinese ip address. changes all the time though.

so my dream turns in to more hurt. thanks watmm. oh that time i could have bought a CS80 and 2600 for 50 quid

turn that frown upside-down and start thinking about what cheap synths will be future classics

i can think of a few...

ooh maybe this could warrant its own thread

would love to hear some thoughts on this

Archived