IGNORED

Air Liquide appreciation thread

awepittance

just dug into some old stuff from my record collection and somehow forgot how good some of the mid 90s Air Liquide acid stuff was. Anybody else have nostalgia for Air Liquide?

1995(?)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ENw1XrSBv0

they have quite a few really cheesy 90s tunes but i'm sure there are more acid gems in their catalog.

Guest D1Beard

Loved the intro to Liquid Air. This is new to me, thanks.

This is not a mind trip this is a body journey (echo echo...)

No memory. You're all but shot through bicolored trichomatic vapours up to the cumulostratus mackerel sky, everchanging funnel of organic matters bullets of light invade you make you meltable fusible untouchable lighter than vanity levitating sprinkled peppered studded pocked opaloids rides of colored kaleidoscoping indigos, gravity's just a word now... V T O L... vertical takeoff or landing. Strobing lights pass you, flowers bursting clouds swirling time warping and chaos rules. Burnout burnout, your walk in space has begun. Don't look back, your mind has a mind of its own, it's falling floating, it feels the current of life energy in a new dimension of cubical and circular motions. It's bigger than life. Darkness speeds to light on prismatic thought waves and you ride them to the shore of a delirious no man's land. Oceans of solitary first steps. This is your reality. There is no other reality but your own. Heh! From monoliths to ice age to stoned age to no age to nobody just your mind expanding racing blues reds yellows white light indigos greens screaming back to reds and white, coming coming faster, peaking you climax. The seconds tick and tick and tick. You miss nothing as you fly up to the islands in the dark seas. Nephology is your new religion and you are the nucleus the center of the vastness they call the universe, they call God. It's all so clear, you made it, all this time you thought it was a lie, and now truth looks at you like a mirror, shatters into a thousand seeds like a trillion drops of mercury falling from your eyes. Like love.

Liquid air (echo echo...)

Liquid air (echo echo...)

Liquid air
Liquid air
Liquid air

This is not a mind trip this is a body journey

Liquid air
Liquid air (echo)
Liquid air (echo)
Liquid air (echo echo echo distorted echo)

this is not a mind trip this is a body journey mind trip this is a body journey mind trip this is a body journey mind trip this is a body journey

Liquid air (echo)
Liquid air

Suddenly you feel again, warmth, degrees of the ??? burning your cold hands, hot flames licking you all over. It's reentry time. You want to touch, you want to feel like never before, you're ready for fusion of your sexual self, your mind turns to body turns to flesh. Your body has a body of its own, trembling, shaking. Mouth dry, hands sweat, feet cold, legs numb, arms hang, chest burning; where does my body stop and where does yours begin. This not a mind trip this is a body journey that takes us light years away, we don't ever want to go back because we found beauty and we found light, escaping from every pore like liquid air. Velvet satin, splashes of fingers on sequined nerve endings, prolong what we've always wanted, it's too late now to stop. Come come with me climaxing peaking riding physical waves faster and faster and slower, almost stopping. Sharing oxygen. And then it starts all over again. This is our bodies' reality. There's no other reality but our own as we orbit back into bicolored trichomatic vapors to cumulostratus holding on to mackerel skies and we know we've been there before so we wait for the next boat. And this time our minds and our bodies are one and the prismatic wave takes us higher than the last back to solitary oceans, and racing shattered blues and reds and yellows and we found the corners of our minds, we found the depths of our bodies, we found the prismal scream (echo echo...)

Such a good message here. Fusing beauty and music and vibrations and matter. Remembering that physicality is the basis. That plasticity is material. That the infinite isn't beyond us, but in and around us as light/space/matter. Flesh being an articulation of all those things in motion. Neat track.

Nice! I'm currently in a minor early 90's nostalgia trip. Sun Electric was releasing similar stuff back then. Check their Natural Energy EP and their Kitchen album. Both have excellent tDR artwork as well. Lovely stuff!

dont want to hijack the thread, so i'll use spoilers.

Just found some sessions recordings with SE jazzing away on their equipment. Hadn't seen these before. Lovely stuff for a nostalgia trip!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQD505YQKPw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBGCorPtq3o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cR-l8qJbpD8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kG1I6BeHjg

i was just thinking of Sun Electric as i made the thread actually, you should make a sun electric thread

[youtubehd]0deaxIIIvDI[/youtubehd]

:)

im surprised that an somewhat eclectic electronic act with production this top tier remained relatively obscure. Why didn't they gain FSOL status? is it just because they had too many cheesy tracks with vocals?

FSOL was pretty unique with few having a similar sound. If any!?

The stuff Air Liquide made, sort of crossbreed between acid trance techno ambient, was pretty widespread back then. So they just didn't stand out enough, I guess. There were labels releasing similar stuff. R&S/Apollo, Rising High, Harthouse are a few of the big ones. And back then you'd also have Plastikman/Richie Hawtin making himself heard. FSOL weren't part of that club!

great and very underappreciated band! these two acid tracks from their nephology album immediately come to my mind whenever I think about air liquide:

just listen to this beast. when i listen to this track i imagine being on some lake during the evening/night in a boat and going through some thick local fog located just above the lake, illuminated in yellow/brown colours.

it would perhaps be somewhat fair to call nephology german equivalent of saw85-92/sosw, if one wants some comparison. following that analogy, this reise track could be their equivalent of untitled from sosw. whenever I feel like listening some deep dark acid tracks these two work perfectly for me.

the other one:

it's all yellow.

other two great tracks from the same album:

this one could perfectly fit into that "is there any other album like saw85-92" thread.

this track should also be mentioned, and it appeared on that same buck-tick compilation where afx glitter mix appeared (this track is how i actually found out about them, i think):

great and very underappreciated band! these two acid tracks from their nephology album immediately come to my mind whenever I think about air liquide:

this is a damn good track, never heard it before. Its a better produced/slightly more top notch version of similar stuff coming out on Fax records at the time

i was just thinking of Sun Electric as i made the thread actually, you should make a sun electric thread

[youtubehd]0deaxIIIvDI[/youtubehd]

:)

im surprised that an somewhat eclectic electronic act with production this top tier remained relatively obscure. Why didn't they gain FSOL status? is it just because they had too many cheesy tracks with vocals?

now dn't get me wrong, air liquid is vry good + i luv quite a few of their tracs; however, comparing thm to fsol is a bit unfair. th fsol, th flash of blinding light in thm, th brilliants, th continuity thy r able to sustain while at th same time consistently sounding fresh.

this trac is decent:

[youtubehd]Mv8HSUouVhA[/youtubehd]

I rarely find myself listening or djing FSOL material, instead I find myself often wanting to put on air liquide tracks during sets. FSOls music was always really well suited for home listening, but I never found they had a decent amount of good DJ-friendly dance bangers

I love Air Liquide.. I discovered them in a pretty random way. My aunt was visiting from out of state, and brought me over a birthday or some holiday gift when i was like 19, and it was a used copy of Air Liquid's The Increasing Difficulty Of Concentration CD. I'd never heard of them at the time, and I'm 100% sure she hadn't either- considering my parents and aunts/uncles know nothing about modern pop let alone underground electronic music. So its still a mystery to me where she found it and why she chose that album. I mean she couldnt have found it in a Circuit City or Best Buy discount CD bin or anything. At first I thought it was going to be some 3rd rate ambient / techno or afx ripoff judging by the cover, but grew to love it over time. Great release.

after making this thread I was inspired to do a dj set with an ample amount of air liquide

https://soundcloud.com/fluorescentgrey/7th-floor-corporation-building-vinyl-only-dj-set-aug-15

Mick Harris - Blag (NOD01)
GZA/Genius - Beneath The Surface (Radio vers)
Mick Harris - Astray (NOD02)
GZA/Genius - Beneath The Surface (Instrumental vers)
Scorn - Noticed
Mick Harris - The Shed (NOD03)
Scorn - Off
Fat Albert - Beat Me Till I Jack (Trax)
H. Maniredini & M. Zager - Theme From Friday the 13th Part 3
Fat Albert - Go Go (Trax)
Drumfish - Spirit (Kazt90)
Sir Mix-A-Lot - Square Dance Rap (12" version)
Frankie Knuckles - Ride for Love (Trax)
Air Liquide - Robot Wars: Combat Zone Part I
Barry Lynn - Abort Retry Fail
Air Liquide - Robot Wars: Combat Zone Part II
Boxutter - Panama
Jungle Wonz - The Jungle (Trax)
Boxcutter - Factory Setting
Boxcutter - Top Soil
Air Liquide - Liquid Air (Bionaut Mix) (SM-9004-0)
Aphex Twin - Minipops (field mix)
Pseudo Code - Keep Smiling (VOD59.3)
Aphex Twin - Xmas Evet10 (thanaton3 mix)
Paul Hardcastle - 19 (12" version)
Peter Baumann - Repeat
Last Step - You're A Nice Girl (remix)
Last Step - Lives With Angel
Last Step - My House
Psychick Warriors Ov Gaia - Psychick Age EP (A1)
Last Step - Dramatix
Phuture - Acid Tracks
[a]pendics.shuffle - Saw Saw Soup
Phuture - Your Only Friend
Richie Hawtin - Concept 1 (Side B)
Richie Hawtin - Concept 11 (Side A)

Archived