IGNORED

Go Corbyn

lala

No it wasn't, lots of cherry picking, straw men and diversionary bullshit.

I laughed out loud at several parts with some of the ridiculous bullshit they said. "should we have been more combative?" jfc.

was also funny hearing him describe all the various good things achieved by liberalism, framed as though they were bad things. moron.

also some rather disgusting excusing of racism at the end, 'it's ok if Palestinians do it, not being cool with some people being racist, is itself racist' :facepalm:

• Facepalm 1

On 10/31/2020 at 11:56 AM, caze said:

No, what happened here was Jews in the party were being harassed, people who have nothing to do with Israel, and certainly nothing to do with the treatment of Palestinians. And when people complained about this, assholes like you would downplay it and link it to criticism of Israel, linking everything any Jew does with Israel is of course itself anti-Semitic. 

It can be both you know? He could have failed to adequately deal with genuine antisemitism it and also people who have weaponized some issues of antisemitism in the party and deliberately conflated that with speaking out against Israels actions in order to paint the leader as antisemitic.

I think it would be tough to deal with the issue of antisemitism in a political party at the best of times, but when a large chunk of the party are actively trying to undermine your leadership I think the task might be impossible. Again, I would state that victims of antisemitism should be listened to and concerns acted upon.

Ultimately, half the labour party want actual progression to a fair society and the other half would be more than happy to have Blair back.