IGNORED

The minor epiphany thread

LimpyLoo

this thread is more like a pee fanny amirite

lmaooo

17474d3a52fd7efdada7b5896b5c5906.png17474d3a52fd7efdada7b5896b5c5906.png17474d3a52fd7efdada7b5896b5c5906.png

btw, judging a whole exposition by a single pic is moronic. It's like judging a live show by shitty cellphone audio recordings

that being said and contradicting myself completely, that coats-on-chairs instalation seems pretty silly

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The OPP reminded me.....

You see this plaque?:

USS_Enterprise-D_dedication_plaque.jpg

There were only a few that were used on set for the filming of TNG, and I used to own one of them. Signed by crew. Given to me by my cousin who worked at Paramount. Where is it now? Well, let's just say that one day I was pissed at my dad for making me clean my room (I was ~12), so I threw that away (after knifing it with a bowie knife, iirc), along with a voice changing machine, a mini-keyboard (iirc), amongst other stuff that I liked. The point? I'm sorry to fans. Also, WE NEED TO CHILL THE FUCK OUT. Anger has helped with absolutely nothing in this world, except for ass kicking. Unfortunately, we often kick the asses of the ones we love, including ourselves.

OKAY, BUT- minor epiphany for this thread.....(?): Life is infinite, and you will experience Consciousness into Infinity, for Infinity. So the point is to actually be a good human and push your Ultra Lazer to its limits, because your effects on every dimension you live through will be forever.

Do not slack with the comfort of knowing that you are Infinite.

Excel, because you are Infinite.

Okay, okay, that's not an epiphany... Okay, okay... On the spot epiphany RIGHT NOW. REAL TIME EPIPHANY BITCHES..... Okay, ok.

Mangz.

Okay.

::: I'm really gonna miss you all one day. I'm lucky to have been a part of all this... "our electronic music resource'ing"... Thank you.

Okay, this is a real hardcore epiphany from yesterday early morning:

I don't mind pop cheeze bubblegum whatevz, so I was cool with mmmbop. Then I read the lyrics for the first time, and it turns out these kids were middle aged men on ayahuasca by the age of 5.

Watched Hanson. Realized I gotta up my life game.

i wonder if the intelligent or professional people of quebec speak proper french, rather than that savage drawl, kind of like happens in australia, the more with it, the closer the approximation of your speech pattern to the proper pronunciation. (try saying that last bit with a drawl)

(don't say they speak english other canadians, that's rude).

i wonder if the intelligent or professional people of quebec speak proper french, rather than that savage drawl, kind of like happens in australia, the more with it, the closer the approximation of your speech pattern to the proper pronunciation. (try saying that last bit with a drawl)

(don't say they speak english other canadians, that's rude).

i don't find aussie accents terribly strange (they sound like a bizarro world version of south-eastern british accents to me, but i guess i have only heard educated people speak) but i really have a hard time understanding quebec french. but i kinda like how it sounds, in comparison northern french accents are scary and southern accents sound like a french person trying to read catalan aloud without actually speaking any catalan. leeeuuhh tour deeuuhhh franceeeeeeuuuuuuuhhhhh wtf

i don't like how quebecois sounds, one of my brother's has a missus that is from there, and i find it really ear grating. And now she's gotten their son talking french like that. glah. Also, yeah it's funny how the warmer the climes you enter the more the drawl in the accent, like north queensland versus victoria, so i wasn't surprised when i heard village level people from the south of france speaking in that way, heh. Haven't heard northern french. My mum speaks with a breton accent, which apparently is a non standard thing as well, hah, so in thinking that it's natural french, i'm just as much of an erk as the rest of us.

Fear is a symptom of failing to live in the moment.

Didn't know you were a motivational facebook pic Adieu

was just sharing my minor epiphany m8

It's a really good one.

Breton = Cornish = west Welsh

by provenance

we're almost cousins.

/waits for some hippy to state that all of humanity are cousins, /stabs them in the face with a cream pie (it's a pretty sharp rebuke, ye olde cream pie)

When i think of star wars and it's universe now, there is no cache, no warm sentiment, no comforting reverie, i just don't give a fuck. It's void to me now.

So it can only get better from here right, but if they fuck it up, i don't have anything to lose, certainly not going to invest any money in finding out. Rather waste my money in that dinosaur park movie on the offchance that's good.

It's a really good one.

Thanks. Was stoned and laying on a yoga mat. When the thought hit me I felt a great sense of relief. I deal with anxiety/social anxiety so the more tools I develop to control my response to things the more it improves. I've noticed with anxiety it's all about having minor successes.

It's a really good one.

Thanks. Was stoned and laying on a yoga mat. When the thought hit me I felt a great sense of relief. I deal with anxiety/social anxiety so the more tools I develop to control my response to things the more it improves. I've noticed with anxiety it's all about having minor successes.

Yah, cool. It's amazing how much we gain from shedding ourselves of shit. Refine like a sculpture.

People hate admitting they're wrong and/or changing their mind.

I think it has something to do with pride or embarrassment.

(as a counter, I try to seek out evidence that might change my mind

And 'pride myself' on being persuadable)

People hate admitting they're wrong and/or changing their mind.

I think it has something to do with pride or embarrassment.

also, lazyness. Having made up your mind about something is easier than having to think again

There's something interesting that pops up in biology, psychology, neuroeconomics, ev-psych, sociology, etc

And that's the 'status quo bias'

And the idea is simple

'It requires more calories to do something than to not do it'

Which, it's pretty obvious why we would evolve such a bias

"Should we stay in this cave where we have minimal (yet sufficient) resources,

Or go try to find a better spot and possibly starve to death?"

And historically,

It's only when there's a bottleneck (no more resources in the cave)

Does 'proactive-ness' become adaptive

That's a concept I keep seeing over and over

In many different disciplines

Cells behave that way

People, civilizations, etc

Anyway...

Archived