IGNORED

Good Industrial music that you can recommend

dingformung

10 hours ago, J3FF3R00 said:

LORAH and TMIATTTT are both classics. To me they almost feel like parts one and two of a double album. Consistent wall to wall bangers. 

this one slaps the hardest…

In Case You Didn’t Feel Like Showing Up is also probably my favorite live album of all time of any band. You really feel the vibes so hard and everything is as tight as can be, considering that it’s all made by a bunch of tripping junkies. I think that tour may also have been the genesis of pigface?

This is the track that always springs to mind for me off that album too.  Such a good album.

On 3/18/2024 at 4:09 AM, beerwolf said:

Listened to Ministry's Land of Rape and Honey, The Mind Is a Terrible Thing To Taste and Psalm 69 a few weeks ago. They still sound great to these ears. Might give Filth Pig another spin but I never really vibed with that one.

His production went to shit starting with Filth Pig.  I think Al's lost most of the high frequencies in his hearing.  Everything up until Psalm 69 sounded fantastic.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova

3 hours ago, J3FF3R00 said:

That partnership has always been one of the more surprising ones I can imagine. To be a fly on the wall with Uncle Al and Mr “Straight Edge” himself. I could be wrong but I highly doubt they remained buddies afterwards. 

There were on the outs for years, supposedly because of Al’s ex-wife, but they made up on the 2023 tours, and are doing one final Ministry album together.

https://blabbermouth.net/news/al-jourgensen-says-ministrys-next-album-will-be-bands-last-i-think-its-a-good-time-to-stop

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

There were on the outs for years, supposedly because of Al’s ex-wife, but they made up on the 2023 tours, and are doing one final Ministry album together.

https://blabbermouth.net/news/al-jourgensen-says-ministrys-next-album-will-be-bands-last-i-think-its-a-good-time-to-stop

Sorry, I was referring to Ian MacKaye (pailhead) as Mr Straight Edge.  

spacer.png

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

that's interesting. Paul recently left portland and moved to LA w/his partner. she's an artist and her family is from down there.  He toured with Puscifer a few times in recent years and his own Lead into Gold project as well. He's always been actively doing stuff even while helping run Malekko Heavy Industry. I never would've guessed he'd go in for one more Ministry record but why not? so many years have passed and life is what it was. I'll be curious what they come up with together. the ministry years where paul was involved are probably the best years of their releases ay? opinions vary i guess.. anyway... i'll have to check it out when it's released. 

• Like 1