IGNORED

Good Industrial music that you can recommend

dingformung

^ aye. not sure that it's "industrial", but whatever, it's great.

meh. it's got metal guitar riffs (also has 'razor Reznor' stuff), synth sequences, electronic drums. Fits a definition of industrial for me (I'm not into sub-dividing genres....terms like 'aggrotech' really piss me off).

Justin Broadrick's alias as JK Flesh is more electronic focused than Godflesh and it's friggin' awesome... Especially Posthuman and the split EP with Prurient

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bC-wNTx15d4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiV0AL5d9MU

also was listening to some old Ministry on the way to work today:

TR/ST is more darkwave than industrial, but it's damn good stuff either way...

Yeah, you're right - hence my hesitance. But yes, very good stuff. I wonder what Anton is up to these days...

• 2 weeks later...

Friend of mine introduced me to Youth Code this week, good shit... has the old-school industrial/EBM vibe, lots of Skinny Puppy and Front Line Assembly influence

Edited by ghOsty

Bombardier/Jason Snell is pretty good,ive been wanting to buy his stuff for ages now.You just remind me of that. http://music.jasonjsnell.com/album/fury

Listening to this one right now! Pretty sick stuff!

Whoa, this sounds so much like Numb!  or at least an instrumental version of it.  Numb was my favorite industrial band after Skinny Puppy.  I haven't been able to find much industrial I like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_NV19Qm2HY

einstürzende neubauten, coil, throbbing gristle, skinny puppy, download, 242, cabaret voltaire, nine inch nails, clock dva, the young god's, ministry, killing joke, mc 900ft jesus, meat beat manifesto (older), spk 

there, that should keep you going for awhile..

:)

Wow, how have I never heard of Numb?  Just investigating around YT now.  Pretty cool.

I'm thrilled to have introduced someone else to Numb.  He's from Vancouver, where a lot of great industrial seems to originate.  Apparently he moved to Vietnam to live with his wife, and that = no more music for some reason I can't understand.

• 1 year later...

Couldn't find more suitable thread so I'm necromancing this one.....

Posted this a couple years ago in the now playing thread but have to repost this set here since I'm still quite impressed about the project after like 10+ years. The term "industrial" is quite wide and I also use it loosely but imo Transistori captures the "real essence" of what the industrial was originally all about with this set. Like, these dudes are actually playing a factory, using it as an instrument, can't get more industrial than that ;). Reminds me of some EN or TG but without vocals which is a big plus in my books. Just pure metal against metal clangs and tribal drumming added with eerie ambience. Here's the playlist, loving especially parts 1 & 3. Part 4 is more or less outtakes.

Anyone else into this kind of stuff? Recommendations for similar tunes would be welcome. :smile:

This is ace, cheers for sharing. The only possibly related project I know if is a drone release that involved playing frequencies at various locations through the environment's materials (I think a mine and a factory were involved). It came out a few years back but I cannot for the life of me remember the producer or title, will see if I can find it.

Edit: Emptyset - Material ! More of an experimental project but same idea of using the environment to produce something

Edited by WeAreOceans