IGNORED

Ssaliva - We Never Happened

fumi

The ever brilliant Ekster imprint follow-up the now classic Be Me album with We Never Happened, the second entry for the imprint from the 3D club deconstructionist Ssaliva. Twelve tracks that contain his most dynamic transmissions to date.

Carrying its influence within the lineage of early Autechre, but the moments when they were at their most melodic (think the stunning piano remix of Bola's 2002 hit Chamchimzee for an idea of where Ssaliva's heads at). The sounds within We Never Happened bristle with the DNA of Arca, Logos, Amnesia Scanner & J.G.Biberkopf's finest moments. In keeping with his Ekster label mates TCF, Hiele & that brilliant library LP from DMX Krew, Ssaliva's new turn on the electronic wheels of steel combine an ambient exploration that resembles the earliest incarnations of Warp's Electronic listening music, but shot through a 2017/16 digital hi-def lens.

Ssaliva's approach to the never-ending possibilities of sound design have yet again turned up one of the most sonically impressive records of recent times, huge recommendation if you are into his last Ekster, PAN or any of the above.

id9KC7mP.jpg

https://bleep.com/release/78470-ssaliva-we-never-happened

Download card / most likely mp3. I've bought several of their records, and so far TCF's is the only one to have FLAC files.

I guess it's up to the artist once the vinyle is sold out, to sell the digitals directly (e.g. Hiele's bandcamp).

Archived