IGNORED

Arrrrr5

Thankyou my dude! Technical criticisms are definitely encouraged, I just need to figure out how to put it into execution :)

Are there any specific parts of the track that you think are lacking, or is it the whole thing in general? I'll keep messing around with this to see if I can get it sounding a little fuller! I noticed the drums sound a little out of place at times too, so maybe they could do with some work as well

Appreciate the feedback!

Well, the thought first occurred to me at 32 seconds in I think - there is a space and a quiet roll, so you anticipate the beat coming back a little harder

You could try putting deep, hard kick at that moment -  just see how it works (maybe it wont, who knows) and maybe that will give you ideas elsewhere.

But like you say, maybe it's more to do with the arrangement of the drums, I'm not sure

Sweet, nice one Hoggy I'll give that a go. I think the drums could probably do with some reprogramming regardless, so I'll sort that out when I get some free time, along with some synth bass experimentation. Looking forward to diving back in!

Yeah, I can definitely see what Hoggy means about a rhythmic bass. Just a simple 1/16 bassline that adds some body to the mix. It especially needs that extra umpf at 1:46 right after the snare rush because otherwise it won't seem like it's peaking. Right now it just kinda falls flat :)

Wicked, I definitely get what you mean. It's hard to identify flaws/points of improvement after spending so much time with it, so it's super refreshing to get some outside opinions. I'm listening to it again for the first time in almost a week and I can understand what you guys are saying. I'll work on a few things next week!

Overall I'm happy with the duration/structure, I just need to make some tweaks to the production

Archived