Join WATMM Now!

Register and Subscribe now for as little 3.00 USD for one year to gain Supporting Member access. We also have other subscription packages to choose from that grant you extra abilities and features.

A subscription is required in order to post, reply to posts, start topics, search, and other features.

By joining and subscribing, you are helping support the forums, as well enable us to add new features and enhancements (and maintain them).

Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

To sign up for a subscription package, click your user name in the upper right, and choose "Client Area". Then, choose a package that suits your needs.

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

- - - - -

Arrrrr5

pop electro

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 valleyinaire

valleyinaire

1000 Club

• Supporting Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts
  • 22 topics
  • Joined 28-August 14
  • Interests:the tregaskins

Posted 12 April 2017 - 04:30 PM

Just a shorter new thing I've been working on :)

Listen on Soundcloud.com

I took everyone's advice from the last thread and tried my best to apply it this time round. Already sounding a lot nicer than my previous experiments, so major thanks to you guys! Any more feedback would be tops

#2 valleyinaire

valleyinaire

1000 Club

• Supporting Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts
  • 22 topics
  • Joined 28-August 14

Posted 12 April 2017 - 05:34 PM

Thankyou my dude! Technical criticisms are definitely encouraged, I just need to figure out how to put it into execution :)

Are there any specific parts of the track that you think are lacking, or is it the whole thing in general? I'll keep messing around with this to see if I can get it sounding a little fuller! I noticed the drums sound a little out of place at times too, so maybe they could do with some work as well

Appreciate the feedback!

#3 valleyinaire

valleyinaire

1000 Club

• Supporting Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts
  • 22 topics
  • Joined 28-August 14

Posted 13 April 2017 - 04:05 AM

Well, the thought first occurred to me at 32 seconds in I think - there is a space and a quiet roll, so you anticipate the beat coming back a little harder

You could try putting deep, hard kick at that moment -  just see how it works (maybe it wont, who knows) and maybe that will give you ideas elsewhere.

But like you say, maybe it's more to do with the arrangement of the drums, I'm not sure

Sweet, nice one Hoggy I'll give that a go. I think the drums could probably do with some reprogramming regardless, so I'll sort that out when I get some free time, along with some synth bass experimentation. Looking forward to diving back in!

#4 Squee

Squee

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,925 posts
  • 379 topics
  • Joined 16-June 04

Posted 13 April 2017 - 08:56 AM

Yeah, I can definitely see what Hoggy means about a rhythmic bass. Just a simple 1/16 bassline that adds some body to the mix. It especially needs that extra umpf at 1:46 right after the snare rush because otherwise it won't seem like it's peaking. Right now it just kinda falls flat :)

#5 valleyinaire

valleyinaire

1000 Club

• Supporting Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts
  • 22 topics
  • Joined 28-August 14

Posted 18 April 2017 - 05:53 AM

Wicked, I definitely get what you mean. It's hard to identify flaws/points of improvement after spending so much time with it, so it's super refreshing to get some outside opinions. I'm listening to it again for the first time in almost a week and I can understand what you guys are saying. I'll work on a few things next week!

Overall I'm happy with the duration/structure, I just need to make some tweaks to the production

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pop, electro