IGNORED

Steven Wilson - To The Bone

fumi

Okay, bear with me. I can see you already staring at the screen in disbelief, itching to post that facepalm emoticon.

This artist has been something big in progressive rock for well over a decade but his new album is well, more poppy with some pretty likeable songs. Advance reviews say it owes more to Talk Talk, ABBA and Peter Gabriel than some old hoary Pink Floyd cliches.

And I figured that we did have that Metallica thread a while back.

Album is out August 18th.

Loved Hand Cannot Erase and the bunch of Porcupine Tree albums I have, need to check out more of his solo stuff. Seems the kind of guy who doesn't do bad records.

If you're familiar with his other albums, you'll probably agree that 'Permanating' is miles away from the stuff he usually does. It's more like 70s ELO or something.

Loved Hand Cannot Erase and the bunch of Porcupine Tree albums I have, need to check out more of his solo stuff. Seems the kind of guy who doesn't do bad records.

If you're familiar with his other albums, you'll probably agree that 'Permanating' is miles away from the stuff he usually does. It's more like 70s ELO or something.

Sounds pretty different, but I like it anyway. Besides, the other tune up above sound different, so the jauntiness of the song probably has a different context within the track running order. Maybe.

Looking forward to this album, Permanating is a great track.

If I was a musician and I'd written that track, I would feel pretty pleased with myself. It's 70's pop bliss.

Pretty much the worst album he has ever released. Poor songwriting, no interesting moments, terrible flow. Sounds like a collection of unused ideas from various recording sessions (HCE, GfD, Insurgentes).

Never apologize for anything Porcupine Tree/Steven Wilson related. He knows his shit for real and has braindance approval.

CfdrcyWWAAAqT_Y.jpg

• 1 month later...

Archived