IGNORED

Hyperventilations in A Minor (my first drill 'n' bass track in quite some time)

Zephyr_Nova

Spanks guys!  It's too bad that the private settings make the embedding all dumb.  I'm keeping it on the DL since it is a contest submission.  Might make it public once the test results are in. 

super sick what you did with those samples ! sounds like a huge organic machine coming to life which moves then forward in all kind of directions in search for its prey.

but i wouldn´t call it drillnbass

Haha thanks!  I like the mechanical predator comparison.  

If not drill 'n' bass, then what?  I mean, I never compose anything with a genre in mind, so I always just go with the closest thing I can think of after the fact.

It's like a theme for an insane asylum, I love it. What broken instruments are used?

Various brass, woodwind and strings from the Philadelphia school district.

Hip Hop!  I never would have thought of that, but... this would make a really interesting backing track for someone to rap over.  Man, I really like that idea actually.  Hmmmm...

Thanks!  :beer:

Still going strong man! Best thing I've heard all 2018! Very unique and innovative sound, it's unlike almost everything I've ever heard while still remaining groovy as hell, which is extremely rare. the organic madness and off-the-wall tonalities are extraordinary. the bouncy decay of the keyboard/whatever it is really adds a much needed sense of fluidity and breathing room. Would love to hear more in this direction. I also think you should take it easy with the obvious digital edits and effects, especially the gating. I'd like to see you try a more organic sounding drumtrack (less drilly I suppose), some wider stereophonic treatment of drums and noises like the introducing wooden chair rattle(?!?!). anyway, kudos, super refreshing and fascinating.

Thanks man, that's some great feedback.  All drums were manipulated from bits of the acoustic instruments, so in that sense they're organic, but I get what you mean about the drilly edits.  I was just having fun with that because I haven't drilled out in a loooooong time.  Felt pretty good!

Archived