IGNORED

David Byrne - American Utopia

fumi

David Byrne has announced the release of a new solo album, entitled American Utopia. Above, you can check out a video for lead track 'Everybody's Coming To My House'.

The track is co-written by Brian Eno, and features contributions from TTY, Onyx Collective's Happa Isaiah Barr, Sampha and others. It's available to download now with pre-orders of the new album.

The album was announced during a presentation of 'Reasons To Be Cheerful', an ongoing series curated by Byrne of hopeful writings, photos, music, and lectures, at New York's New School. The release of American Utopia will be accompanied by an extensive worldwide tour featuring a specially choreographed show which Byrne has described as "the most ambitious show I've done since the shows that were filmed for Stop Making Sense".

American Utopia is Byrne's first solo album since 2004's Grown Backwards, though he has collaborated with the likes of Brian Eno, St. Vincent and Norman Cook in the interim. The album began during writing sessions with longtime collaborator Eno, but eventually grew to take in a vast cast of collaborators such as producer Rodaidh McDonald, Daniel Lopatin (aka Oneohtrix Point Never), Jam City and others.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Kind of sad and pathetic that he's had to respond to whiners on social media complaining that he didn't use any women on the album. So what? I'm sure it wasn't a deliberate decision. I've always thought he was a very forward thinking guy. His live show has female performers.

It seems like whatever you do now, someone is offended and they quickly (and inevitably) jump on Twitter to remind of how hurt and offended they are.

Archived