IGNORED

Snack Master music feedback thread

snack master

21 hours ago, snack master said:

here's another live jam on the octatrack:

I wish I had money and space for these kinds of machines...and the time to learn it all.  It sounds cool as shit.

Edited by cricketbones
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, snack master said:

here's another jam on the octatrack:

A quick search shows I can get one of these at a shop near me for $2000 CAD. I'd rather use that on hookers and blow, but I also have nowhere near that in superfluous money. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cricketbones said:

A quick search shows I can get one of these at a shop near me for $2000 CAD. I'd rather use that on hookers and blow, but I also have nowhere near that in superfluous money. 

i'm not sure how sarcastic you're being here, but i work hard and don't have many expenses, so i was able to buy the octatrack after a long time saving and working a lot.  i know the meme about expensive equipment, but the reality is that i have been doing this for 15 years, so now that i'm in my mid-thirties, i felt completely reasonable buying something that would improve my creative works (for years to come).

4 hours ago, snack master said:

i'm not sure how sarcastic you're being here, but i work hard and don't have many expenses, so i was able to buy the octatrack after a long time saving and working a lot.  i know the meme about expensive equipment, but the reality is that i have been doing this for 15 years, so now that i'm in my mid-thirties, i felt completely reasonable buying something that would improve my creative works (for years to come).

It wasn't meant as a slight to you. It's a self-diss. I am much older than you and still can't afford stuff.

I am not here to compete or try to be cool or dismissive. It was simple miscommunication due to who cares.

Edited by cricketbones
added context
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, snack master said:

got it.  i think i may have been a little sensitive because i don't have much money either.  all good.

It's mad respect that you have this gear. I feel like even if I owned it, I wouldn't have the time to get down with it for real and do anything worth owning it.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/4/2023 at 8:28 PM, snack master said:

wanted to make something dancey and fun, and i think this worked out pretty good.

Yeah this worked out pretty good. I especially liked the piercing lazers that seemed to drone in and out and I love the lead at 3:30. The two grooves that come in after that are great too. This is probably four good tracks arranged into one. 

• Like 1

Probably still a work in progress, but I like how this turned out.  Been trying to get back to making cerebral / emotional acid bangers, and I think this is a good start.

edit:

i ended up working on the track a bit more, so here's a later edit:

really feel like i hit a home run on this one, at least in terms of what i was trying to accomplish.  i want to make a serious long form album of stuff like this to make an attempt at a "proper" release with some kind of strategic marketing, etc.

Edited by snack master

• 2 weeks later...

i'm curious what people here think of this one.  some people might think it's weird or whatever, but i kinda love it and think it's beautiful.  i like how it's murky, shifting, glimmering, ascending and descending.

here's a similar track:

i'm probably going to make some kind of ambient release, maybe even trying out putting this stuff on cassette, who knows.

On 12/15/2023 at 1:33 PM, snack master said:

Probably still a work in progress, but I like how this turned out.  Been trying to get back to making cerebral / emotional acid bangers, and I think this is a good start.

edit:

i ended up working on the track a bit more, so here's a later edit:

really feel like i hit a home run on this one, at least in terms of what i was trying to accomplish.  i want to make a serious long form album of stuff like this to make an attempt at a "proper" release with some kind of strategic marketing, etc.

I really like this track. You do a nice job of transitioning from section to section. I love the warm pad melody that comes in around 2:20 and then comes back at 3:00. So good. Nicely mixed too. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/2/2024 at 9:25 PM, snack master said:

here's another experimental track.  i think this one is pretty interesting with how it morphs and changes throughout the song.

waked and baked before work and then listened to this. felt like i was flying toward the space fetus in 2001.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cricketbones said:

waked and baked before work and then listened to this. felt like i was flying toward the space fetus in 2001.

lol, that's basically what i made the track for, so reading this made me very happy, thank you.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/6/2024 at 8:18 AM, snack master said:

i wanted to make some kind of lo-fi house track, so here it is

Beautiful. But of a daft punk feel. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

i probably need to fine tune this some more, but i think this will pair well with the track i posted previously

8 hours ago, snack master said:

i probably need to fine tune this some more, but i think this will pair well with the track i posted previously

They're both pretty fucking rad.

• Like 1