IGNORED

Snack Master music feedback thread

snack master

On 1/29/2020 at 8:09 PM, snack master said:

some more drum and bass kinda stuff

Nice drums and good sounds but a bit repetitive at some points. Some more variation in the bass synth would sound great. Things got nice at the end bit when things get a bit violent so that's great.

On 1/28/2020 at 7:24 PM, snack master said:

This sounds lovely. Nice sounds.

On 1/31/2020 at 2:31 PM, Thiefinger said:

Nice drums and good sounds but a bit repetitive at some points. Some more variation in the bass synth would sound great. Things got nice at the end bit when things get a bit violent so that's great.

yeah, it'll likely end up getting refined further in the future for the final edit.  i sometimes post stuff before it's completely done because it helps me kinda step out of the box for a little bit and hear the song with new ears (kinda like the other track).  thanks for the feedback!

this is an update on the WIP i posted last week on the 28th (it's deleted now in favor of this version).  i'm pretty happy with the stuff i've been able to create through some recent experimentation, so this is a sign of where i might go in the future as well.

Think you'd consider trying some more rhythmic variations at the beginning of "Aggression?" Maybe playing around with some sparse use of effected and/or reversed snares, high-hats, or cymbals?

• 4 weeks later...

damn, Aggression is an interesting track. good thick meaty sound to it, and i really enjoyed the cut a minute or so in to the much lighter section. i felt that section did need a bit more happening, after a few bars it really starts to lose some energy, maybe some more happening rhythmically? the last half of the track when it's sorta full-on felt like it maybe needed some more changes too, some more build or direction? all that said, i think it's a really good start and as much time as you're spending perfecting these tracks i'm sure it'll end up being killer front to back. ?

synths that come in about 1:20 in Bass Work really added a lot to the track imo... that dirty bass in that track is probably mixed a bit heavy/too much (knowing it's an 'early draft' version i'm sure you'd tweak the mix more later anyway!), at least for me on headphones. might work better in a club, i'm not big into DnB stuff so i wouldn't trust too much of my opinion there lol and so i can't add much comment on the other DnB type tracks.

• Like 1

On 3/8/2020 at 6:31 PM, snack master said:

been working on trying out some new ideas with bass tones / textures, and this is an early example of the outcome.  i'm curious if y'all have any thoughts.

New here so feel free to ignore me but: Personally i'd lose the grimey bass for something meatier that kinda fits in the mix a bit better, programming is cool but the sound isn't right imo (and not something that needs tweaking). Also work on the mix of the breaks, layer them up and play with it a bit more. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/4/2020 at 3:56 PM, snack master said:

this is an update on the WIP i posted last week on the 28th (it's deleted now in favor of this version).  i'm pretty happy with the stuff i've been able to create through some recent experimentation, so this is a sign of where i might go in the future as well.

dope as hell, that hihat though, needs to be louder, and maybe acoustic, metallic! and yeah variation on the kick rhythm... and i would go for snares as well, and some claps... @3:43 you have some high pitched reverb bell, bring that shit upfront please! they're louder now yeah... give us more of this!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, snack master said:

another chill tune

that is indeed a chill tune. feeling quite relaxed listening to it.

nice mix, the bass drum is pleasing ?

• Like 1

On 5/10/2020 at 6:47 PM, snack master said:

different kinda downtempo vibe

i really dig what's going on with the melodies/harmonies, reminds me of boc, that's always a good thing, but the beat doesn't please me that much, i would like something more acoustic, like a simple loop with some twitches here and there, but hey, that's just me...

6 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

i really dig what's going on with the melodies/harmonies, reminds me of boc, that's always a good thing, but the beat doesn't please me that much, i would like something more acoustic, like a simple loop with some twitches here and there, but hey, that's just me...

hah, that's interesting because i feel like i really like the beat but feel meh about the melody.  thanks for the feedback tho ?

• Like 1