IGNORED

squarepusher video

Guest blindedbyashellsuit

Guest em-pathy

Whats the quality like on this one? Does it look like it was shot with the remaining memory of a 512mb flash card in a digital PHOTO camera?

Is downloading it good for souveneir/nostalgia purposes only or for the avid bootleg enthusiast who gets upset over recording quality (me)?

Guest behindthebeats

hey did u record anymore of the nite? this is a great representation of the jam .............. please say u kept on recording tho.....

Guest frogdog

hi

sorry thats the only footage i took, its from the london koko gig

i only intended to record the jam, but i was going to record some more but as soon as i took the camcorder out, the security idiot told me to put it away :( , the security people only came out when the raving started

hi

sorry thats the only footage i took, its from the london koko gig

i only intended to record the jam, but i was going to record some more but as soon as i took the camcorder out, the security idiot told me to put it away :( , the security people only came out when the raving started

Those security guys sound fucked up! Must have been tough recording in low light.

Some dude kept shouting turn the bass up. What was that about?

Actually I found that kinda boring so glad I didn't go. May have been better in the flesh I dunno. Personally 20mins would have done my head.

Guest frogdog

yea toms bass was low in volume for the first jam, loads of the crowd were shouting more bass he caught on and soon turned her up

Guest ghost trance

I wasn't very impressed by the set. I think Tom is too much of a fusion bassist to play successfully in a free-improv context.

Free-improv music is definitely far more enjoyable in person, though it really does depend on both the individual and collective improvising skills of the musicans involved. If you're interested in extremely talented free-improv musicians, check out Evan Parker, Barry and Paul Lytton. Parker has an ensemble (the Evan Parker Electro-Acoustic Ensemble) that is HIGHLY recommended. It combines the trio mentioned above with Max/MSP musicians and works unbelievably well.

Guest dorian concept
I wasn't very impressed by the set. I think Tom is too much of a fusion bassist to play successfully in a free-improv context.

Free-improv music is definitely far more enjoyable in person, though it really does depend on both the individual and collective improvising skills of the musicans involved. If you're interested in extremely talented free-improv musicians, check out Evan Parker, Barry and Paul Lytton. Parker has an ensemble (the Evan Parker Electro-Acoustic Ensemble) that is HIGHLY recommended. It combines the trio mentioned above with Max/MSP musicians and works unbelievably well.

those are some good names

thx for the video mr frog dog

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

oh sorry i just found the google post.

if this is from koko then i was there. hearing other people than me shouting turn the bass up makes me laugh. i wasn't to into the jazz set. it seemed very far out for the sake of it. still at least they gave it ago. would have been cool if the got a groove on and tried doing the head thing in jazz but i geuss the jazzers like that thats probably a bit of a trad approach.

still fucking great video.

• 1 month later...

Archived