IGNORED

Champions League 2018-19

chenGOD

Yeah I understand it from Poch and the current players, even Lineker, but really...Jenas played almost as many games for Newcastle as he did for Spurs, but he did it in less than half the time. 

He’s not a spurs legend or anything so that’s why I found it so funny. 

• 3 weeks later...

Really good BT program profiling both Klopp & Poch last night, every face from their respective club’s past rolled out for insights, (fuck me Razor Ruddock is a fat cunt these days)

No clue, just hope it’s a good game w/out any ref bs

I've already experienced extreme joy in the city game and the ajax game. anything in this game will be icing on the cake, honestly. Spurs are the "underdogs" in a sense - after last year no doubt liverpool will feel it's their's to lose. So I'm prepared for that. Liverpool are also the better team no doubt. But on a good day we can be incredible. You don't get to the final on luck alone, although we've had a fair bit of that. COYS

Yeah, I like our chances even though I'm still putting them at 50/50.  Liverpool get the nod in terms of overall quality and depth (as evidenced over their 38-match campaigns) but Spurs are pretty damn good too and anything can happen in a final.  Kane, Dele, Son, Moura, and farewell Eriksen are all capable of lighting it up with individual moments of brilliance.

Hope it's an entertaining match for the neutrals. COYS

On paper Spurs probably only have a 20% chance of winning, that seems to be roughly the odds I'm seeing too (a bit shorter). If we play anywhere near our best it should be no contest. But who knows, would be silly to make any predictions the way things have gone so far. 

Have been pretty calm in the buildup to this, weird that there's been such a big gap since the end of the season, hope that won't lead to the players being flat and off their game, could be both teams and lead to a shit game. Liverpool tried to arrange a practice match last week and couldn't find a decent team to play against.

Temps in Madrid tomorrow going to be around 30 degrees at KO, Liverpool have been training for over a week in Marbella, and Spurs have stayed at home. That acclimatisation should work in our favour, especially if it goes to extra time.

What a boring as fuck first half. Sissoko clowning it up and then 40 minutes of nothing. 

One of of the worst CL finals in recent memory. That 3 weeks off really hurt both teams. Liverpool took their limited chances well, but that early penalty really allowed them to park the bus. 

like I thought might happen the game turned out to be shit. worst final since Juventus-Milan. a mixture of the conditions and the big gap probably, plus the early goal. we deserved it though, spurs had more of the ball, but they didn't even manage a shot on target til the 72nd minute. they started to create more chances after that, but it was pretty comfortable stuff for Alisson (one or two pretty good saves too though to be fair, I suppose if you really had to pick a MOM it might as well be him). we looked far more dangerous before their late flurry though, and even after that we still popped up with a few more chances. 

nice to win another European title (just one behind Milan now), but I actually enjoyed finishing 2nd more. we'll all remember the Barca game a lot longer than that final too.

Not much could surpass or come close to the semis. Both 2nd-legs were prob 2 of the most surreal matches this human has witnessed down the years, gilded results given the money thrown around Spain & Citeh/Chelski

Really could give less of a fuck who won overall, shit final, but doubt that matters if yer scouse. Penalty was harsh but classic Spursy.

spacer.png

Archived