IGNORED

Circuit Bending?

TheBro

3 minutes ago, TheBro said:

I can't stand it personally. People seem to butcher perfectly decent drum machines for example the 505 and 707 and then they're destroyed forever. What do you lot think?

Are they destroying your drum machines?

I like the purity of oldskool gear but once its been circuit bent then that has gone. I think it should be left to the manufacturers to update oldskool gear with new features like Korg and Behringer do. Well mainly Korg with the MS20 and Arp Odyssey. Anyways that's just my view don't mean to offend anyone. ?

The best way to circuit bend is by adding patch points, so the original sound can be restored by removing cables. I played with a circuit bent 707 last year (and made a sample pack with it) that had patch points neatly down the side, and it made some great tones when patched. 

I'm an anti-purist. I'm all for modifying everything that can be practically modified. Why not get some crazy new tones out of gear that usually only provides a limited amount of sounds?

Archived