IGNORED

The starship of ten thousand years, (scifi ost project).

Genoxied

Hi, this is my first post in this forum.

Under the name of Genox Project, "The Starship of ten thousand years" is the last musical demo in which I hope to work before devoting my free time to writing. It is, and that is why it is not surprising, a project linked to the cinema and science fiction literature, which tells a story, which I will also develop in the form of different science fiction stories, one for each theme of the album. The musical themes will be linked, and I will upload them here as I do them, more regularly starting in January next year.
"Approach" puts music to a story that deals with the sudden appearance of a starship of unknown origin in the solar system.

https://soundcloud.com/habitante-133/genox-project-the-starship-of-ten-thousand-years-part-1-approach

• Like 2

nice work, definitely feeling the sci-fi and space vibes on this. really does conjure images of a huge craft approaching a space station and docking.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Hi, thanks for your words!

A few words to give context...

Its faint form emerges in the silent space, A starship from the edge of the stars. Through the planets, little humans who are wrapped in black velvet shroud, silent space. Sounds static on the radio. Voices of other times, in the silent space.

2 minutes ago, Genoxied said:

Its faint form emerges in the silent space, A starship from the edge of the stars. Through the planets, little humans who are wrapped in black velvet shroud, silent space. Sounds static on the radio. Voices of other times, in the silent space.

This reminds me of Subrange 6-36...

Also, have you read Charles Sheffield’s Between the Strokes of Night?

• Like 1

Good job but I would put the volume of the shuffling thing that comes in sometimes a bit down. It can get a bit too much. Maybe the volume is right and you just put it too much in the track I do not know but it became a bit irritating for me to listen to it. And thats a shame because the track is really well done!

• Like 1

Your sound design and composition here is spot-on for a spacey sci-fi story.  The main thing that I think it could benefit from is more spacial mixing.  I'd say the higher lead synths could do with some reverb, and maybe a subtle layer of broadband noise would help smooth out the mix.  The high-resonance filter (0:40-2:15) and the fast arpeggio (0:30-1:20) are the two things that I found myself getting bothered by, and they were distracting from the other interesting sounds.  It seems like there are a lot of sounds occupying the same frequency range in the first half, so there's a lot that's barely audible.

I love the bass synth, but between 2:00 and 2:30 sounds like it's bleeding through the filter somehow and letting unpleasant mid frequencies through, which sounds kind of like some sort of AC power interference.

Edited by drillkicker

• 1 year later...