IGNORED

William Fields - Live code your track live

d-a-m-o

Live code your track live' is a video series created by Umanesimo Artificiale, in which algorave and algorithmic music artists code a track live from scratch in up to 30 minutes while explaining their creative process and the technology they are using and/or they have uniquely built. All tracks will be released on Umanesimo Artificiale digital label. William Fields is an artist and musician from the Philadelphia area whose work explores algorithmic composition, improvisation, and audio-visual correspondence. His music has been released on labels such as Conditional, Kaer'Uiks, New York Haunted, and NOREMIXES. He has performed live throughout the United States and Canada. His work was selected and choreographed for dance as part of the International Computer Music Conference (ICMC).

@Nil

Wow, fantastic ! We're in for a treat. We've talked a little over email weeks ago, I'm so curious about his composition system. His touch screen device allows him to interact with the code in a super intuitive way, as far asI've understood.

I believe Kindohm is also scheduled ? Wishful thinking for the rest of the series : Rian Treanor ? Mark Fell ? Calum Gunn ? Sebastian Camens ? the 'chre ?

• 2 weeks later...

That was really interesting to see the digital process behind the scenes. I've only experimented with scratching vinyl and playing around on a drum machine back in the 90s unconnected to a computer, so again, neat to see.

Archived