IGNORED

now playing thread

easterlingman

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jasondonervan

Jan an Ai Aso fan too? Brothers from another mother, I tell ya :catsalute: Do you have any of her records? I dearly cherish my copy of the Umerumonoizen LP, same goes for Chamomile Pool on CD.

One of Krush's best LPs, and criminally underrated along with it.

80s playlist being bumped here, smooth grooves, yes yes :catbed:

Jan an Ai Aso fan too? Brothers from another mother, I tell ya :catsalute: Do you have any of her records? I dearly cherish my copy of the Umerumonoizen LP, same goes for Chamomile Pool on CD.

Haha, why doesn't this suprise me :psyduck: I only discovered her a couple of months ago, because of this session. I've been listening that practically every sunday, until I discovered that live DVD. So. Good.

I was trying to figure out how / where to buy her music, but it seems that her stuff, except for Lone, is pretty rare. You have some exceptional rare ones though :)

Guest jasondonervan

She is a stunning artist. It's great that Lone was released through Ideologic Organ, but I wish O'Malley would do more in the way of promoting her earlier works. It's a crying shame they were produced in such low numbers, more people need to experience her lovely sound.

I got lucky, especially with the Umerumonoizen LP - one of my record buying contacts in Japan many years ago just so happened to run one of the labels that co-released it. I'd put a lot of business his way, and he was fantastic for putting some incredible records under my nose - including that one. Memory is a bit hazy, but I think it was one of his few remaining personal copies. Rarity value aside, I would be kicking myself now if I'd passed on it. Dumb luck to the rescue...

The afterglow of the Legowelt gig from last night, which was him soundtracking found footage films. 50% was ambient, 50% was actually proper house like this one:

She is a stunning artist. It's great that Lone was released through Ideologic Organ, but I wish O'Malley would do more in the way of promoting her earlier works. It's a crying shame they were produced in such low numbers, more people need to experience her lovely sound.

I got lucky, especially with the Umerumonoizen LP - one of my record buying contacts in Japan many years ago just so happened to run one of the labels that co-released it. I'd put a lot of business his way, and he was fantastic for putting some incredible records under my nose - including that one. Memory is a bit hazy, but I think it was one of his few remaining personal copies. Rarity value aside, I would be kicking myself now if I'd passed on it. Dumb luck to the rescue...

Not sure if I like Lone as much as the older stuff, but I might as well pick it up anyway. Won't get much chances to buy her stuff anyway, unlike you, you lucky, lucky man :dadjoke: but a cool story though, sounds like a pretty sweet deal you had!