IGNORED

MFM

Guest Calx Sherbet

I have:

01 - Aphex Twin - Melodies From Mars 1 (3:20)

02 - Aphex Twin - Fingerbib (Demo Version) (4:17)

03 - Aphex Twin - Melodies From Mars 3 (2:21)

04 - Aphex Twin - Melodies From Mars 4 (4:15)

05 - Aphex Twin - Melodies From Mars 5 (5:15)

06 - Aphex Twin - Melodies From Mars 6 (3:53)

07 - Aphex Twin - Melodies From Mars 7 (4:04)

08 - Aphex Twin - Logan Rock Witch (Demo Version) (4:25)

09 - Aphex Twin - Melodies From Mars 9 (4:34)

10 - Aphex Twin - Melodies From Mars 10 (5:13)

11 - Aphex Twin - Melodies From Mars 11 (2:55)

12 - Aphex Twin - Melodies From Mars 12 (1:30)

... and it all sounds quite good.

I have:

01 - Aphex Twin - Melodies From Mars 1 (3:20)

02 - Aphex Twin - Fingerbib (Demo Version) (4:17)

03 - Aphex Twin - Melodies From Mars 3 (2:21)

04 - Aphex Twin - Melodies From Mars 4 (4:15)

05 - Aphex Twin - Melodies From Mars 5 (5:15)

06 - Aphex Twin - Melodies From Mars 6 (3:53)

07 - Aphex Twin - Melodies From Mars 7 (4:04)

08 - Aphex Twin - Logan Rock Witch (Demo Version) (4:25)

09 - Aphex Twin - Melodies From Mars 9 (4:34)

10 - Aphex Twin - Melodies From Mars 10 (5:13)

11 - Aphex Twin - Melodies From Mars 11 (2:55)

12 - Aphex Twin - Melodies From Mars 12 (1:30)

... and it all sounds quite good.

Requesting the song that I don't have.

the one in the download attachment page just sounds like one of the eleven that i have.

mine:

3:24 (the one that starts with very simple beats)

4:19 (Fingerbib)

2:26 (the one that sounds like an organ)

4:14 (The one that sounds like it could be on SAW 85-92)

5:18 (Starts with the shaker type sounds and has bouncy beats throughout, with bits of light whistling)

3:58 (High pitch squeel at start and various parts)

4:05 (The fast video game sounding type track)

4:33 (logan rock witch demo)

5:12 (The one we can all agree on being the one that's usually this length)

1:30 (The one that was posted, early girl/boy type sound)

3:01 (the one with noticeably crappier quality)

I got this set, too

• 7 years later...

MFM got leaked when cassette demos of tracks from it was being passed around between WARP and Rephlex heads - it should be noted that while the leaked tracks did have Melodies From Mars written on them, there were tracks that eventually ended up on the RDJ Album (Fingerbib and Logan Rock Witch), while the others ended up on the Melodies From Mars test pressing (CAT087) on Rephlex.

Markus "Notch" Persson (aka the guy who created the "Minecraft" video game) owns the last known test pressing of MFM which was bought directly from Rephlex in 2014. He is also the owner of the Caustic Window vinyl test pressing (CAT023) that was used for the Kickstarter we did and was sold on Ebay with half the proceeds going to Doctors without Borders.

It is unknown if there are tracks on the test pressing that are not in the collection of tracks from the leaked cassette - I keep meaning to ask Notch, and always forget to...

MFM got leaked when cassette demos of tracks from it was being passed around between WARP and Rephlex heads - it should be noted that while the leaked tracks did have Melodies From Mars written on them, there were tracks that eventually ended up on the RDJ Album (Fingerbib and Logan Rock Witch), while the others ended up on the Melodies From Mars test pressing (CAT087) on Rephlex.

Markus "Notch" Persson (aka the guy who created the "Minecraft" video game) owns the last known test pressing of MFM which was bought directly from Rephlex in 2014. He is also the owner of the Caustic Window vinyl test pressing (CAT023) that was used for the Kickstarter we did and was sold on Ebay with half the proceeds going to Doctors without Borders.

It is unknown if there are tracks on the test pressing that are not in the collection of tracks from the leaked cassette - I keep meaning to ask Notch, and always forget to...

Always wonder how something like that happens, you would expect them to be more careful (of course we're happy they weren't), makes me think it's intentional.

Very interesting, was/is Mark Persson close to some of the guys of Rephlex or is he just a fan spending incredible amounts of money on these records?

If there are other unknown tracks on that testpressing I hope he'll have a proper mfm release for them... Would be supersweet!

• 3 weeks later...

Always wonder how something like that happens, you would expect them to be more careful (of course we're happy they weren't), makes me think it's intentional.

Very interesting, was/is Mark Persson close to some of the guys of Rephlex or is he just a fan spending incredible amounts of money on these records?

If there are other unknown tracks on that testpressing I hope he'll have a proper mfm release for them... Would be supersweet!

Markus is just a fan... a fan with loads of cash thanks to Minecraft (and Microsoft).

Archived