IGNORED

Monomachine User Appreciation

futureimage

yes modey, i guess i need to wait and test it myself. maybe it'll be ok... i can always add a midi thru box if needed, i'm just thinking ahead...as alwayz ;)

p.s. so, no cooperation? watmm yo-no-fun  :tongue:  :trashbear:

ok, my second proposal is an old one: let's make a monomachine compilation!  :cisfor:

(godamnit, this one should pass!) 

sign me up

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yes modey, i guess i need to wait and test it myself. maybe it'll be ok... i can always add a midi thru box if needed, i'm just thinking ahead...as alwayz ;)

ok, my second proposal is an old one: let's make a monomachine compilation!  :cisfor:

sign me up

ooook. that's 3 of us so far... this is going really sloooow

well I have decided that my next liveset will be monomachine+machinedrum + maybe nanoloop mono (when it arrives).. so I might as well put something together.

Monomachine only, or MD allowed as well?

Interestingly I still don't get along with most of Quaristice.. Untilted is awesome though. 

I wonder if they perhaps used song mode more on Untilted, and Quaristice is just edited jams..?

I'm going to experiment with song mode a bit more, especially since I have a live set to prepare for; would be nice to just forget about the pattern changes and work on sound design tweaks and spontaneous mutes. Can pattern data (plocks/trigs) be edited while the song is playing?

Yeah, it's weird, I feel kind of the same about Untilted though occasionally I'll put it on, mostly because the generally upbeat tempos make it good music for working. I love Quaristice, though, it's probably still my favorite AE even after the top notch releases of the last few years.

Supposedly the only track they ever used song mode on was LCC. But I think you're right that Quaristice is a lot more cut up. 

Song mode is pretty cool. I like how you can set up funky sub-pattern loops and automate tempo, transposition, muting, etc. You can absolutely edit pattern data while in song mode, in fact I find this useful sometimes combined with the aforementioned sub-loops so that I can zero in on a bar of a pattern while editing.

Supposedly the only track they ever used song mode on was LCC. 

iirc they said that with sublimit everything was staged, so they just pressed play and recorded it. 

i was always wondering whether they used elektrons as external moduls for max or digital performer or it was all internally sequenced. i need opinions on this pls

Sounds like it was all onboard sequencing imo. They'd be nuts to not take advantage of plocks!

On a similar ae production question note, does anyone know what's going on at the end of The Trees? It all kinda gets scooped out into some weird FM radio sounding thing.. I remember my monomachine made some similar noises one time when (I think) the DSP crashed; I wonder if that's what happened while they were recording the track and they decided to keep it that way?

On a similar ae production question note, does anyone know what's going on at the end of The Trees? It all kinda gets scooped out into some weird FM radio sounding thing.. I remember my monomachine made some similar noises one time when (I think) the DSP crashed; I wonder if that's what happened while they were recording the track and they decided to keep it that way?

doesn't sound like a faulty machine to me. more like a postproduction trick with an eq (scooped mids) and a waveshaper. 

• 1 month later...

sign me up

ooook. that's 3 of us so far... this is going really sloooow

This still happening? I have an all MnM track to submit.

Archived