IGNORED

How To Destroy Angels

oscillik

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would he use a name that's been given to another project? He should call it "How To Degrade Coil". Somewhere in the afterlife, John Balance is facepalming.

When you say "another project", do you just mean the Coil album? Or has it been used as a band/side project name by someone else? Just curious.

It's fairly common for musicians to name their bands/projects after song titles from artists they admire. Probably not as common with album titles, as they are more obvious, and I'm guessing that's the problem most of you have.

yeah but does he say anywhere on this press release that this is an homage to Coil? It's kind of unlike trent to not overtly talk about who hes paying tribute to unless he somehow erased his own memory and thinks he came up with the title

Why would he use a name that's been given to another project? He should call it "How To Degrade Coil". Somewhere in the afterlife, John Balance is facepalming.

When you say "another project", do you just mean the Coil album? Or has it been used as a band/side project name by someone else? Just curious.

It's fairly common for musicians to name their bands/projects after song titles from artists they admire. Probably not as common with album titles, as they are more obvious, and I'm guessing that's the problem most of you have.

yeah but does he say anywhere on this press release that this is an homage to Coil? It's kind of unlike trent to not overtly talk about who hes paying tribute to unless he somehow erased his own memory and thinks he came up with the title

A Warm Place springs to mind

just biked in to say that reznor's wife is pretty mediocre looking.

also full on lol at imagined conversation between trent and manpig.

Guest Greg Reason

just biked in to say that reznor's wife is pretty mediocre looking.

also full on lol at imagined conversation between trent and manpig.

:facepalm:

i'm sorry mr. reason, but she is not attractive to me at all, and you're talking to a guy with serious yellow fever. She's just not that attractive for a filipina.

oh an dthe music sounds...mediocre. but it's a 40 second clip so who the fuck knows...

Guest Greg Reason

My oh my, TR is lookin pretty funny these days :biggrin:

And as embarrassing as 'Down In It' is, at least he didn't go for that godawful grumpy voice that every other Industrial act of the era seemed to think was the only way to do it.

Speaking of Skinny Puppy, I heard Ogre's last solo album, that was the most hilarious piece of dogshit I've ever witnessed in my life. We were rolling on the floor laughing at the sheer brilliance of it all. It's like if Tim Burton decided to make an album.

Worlock still sounds amazing.

think i'm gonna have to listen to that now

That is SUCH A GOOD FUCKING SONG. Top 5 skinny puppy for sure. The 1st time I heard the vocoder chorus as a teen i nearly shat myself.

Speaking of Skinny Puppy, I heard Ogre's last solo album, that was the most hilarious piece of dogshit I've ever witnessed in my life. We were rolling on the floor laughing at the sheer brilliance of it all. It's like if Tim Burton decided to make an album.

I'm not the biggest fan of Ohgr (the band) but I thought the last one was better than the first two, and also better than the 2 SP reunion albums.

shit, without skinny puppy, there'd be no nin or any of the stuff like it. that is for SURE.

:excl:

That is SUCH A GOOD FUCKING SONG. Top 5 skinny puppy for sure. The 1st time I heard the vocoder chorus as a teen i nearly shat myself.

As for Reznor's wife, she's attractive. She's not amazing, and she's not ugly. This isn't a supermodel contest, right?

Guest Lube Saibot

I don't get how Trent Reznor can be so ripped yet look so... well... fat.

It's like he has a chubby guy head on a ripped guy body.

It's probably from the roids. The second you stop working out your muscles start turning to fat. Roids have horrible after effects. He probaly also now has four inch nails

It's probably from the roids. The second you stop working out your muscles start turning to fat. Roids have horrible after effects. He probaly also now has four inch nails

yeah i find it kind of ironic that he talks up how important it was to stop doing drugs but he's clearly on not just steroids(?) but a cocktail of GNC style muscle mass supplements. His drug 'replacement' is now just making him look like he's been inflated by a a bicycle pump.

think i'm gonna have to listen to that now

same here man, except i only really recently have gotten into Skinny Puppy. i think i like the chorus for the note changes in the arpeggiated synthlines though. but the vocoded vocals are still cool, one of the few times i'll actually tolerate it :whistling:

Guest Z_B_Z

I think Trent Reznor has a small ego so he takes lots of steroids and comes up with really angsty lyrics

either that or he has a gigantic ego to compensate for low self esteem