IGNORED

expert bit twiddlers

Guest tht tne

I've listened to and enjoyed 8-bit tributes for both the Dark Side of the Moon and Kraftwerk recently, but I really don't think I'm ready for this quite yet...

listening now. just got through iz-us... at first i hated it because it felt like a bastardization, but it grew on me pretty quickly! this is actually quite nice when looked at in the context of being a cover

I really like VBS redlof B. BUT, I think listening to Aphex Twin is more of a tribute to Aphex Twin than listening to some tribute to Aphex twin.

the iz-us and On covers are good but only in that sense like it brings out parts of the song you might've not even noticed before sort of thing

also lol original aphex-inspired tracks

Yeah, somebody said they didn't like the Alberto Basalm but that's one of my favorites because it's so fucked up and authentic. I hate how most 8-Bit is "simulated" and then what's the point? You're not fooling anyone because you're doing things that exceed the capacities of a SID chip. You have to admit that the percussion breakdown is the tits because it's so metapharstic. But that huge, blat of a minor chord does not belong at all lol--makes it sound like Castlevania

I disagree. Doesn't matter if it exceeds the capacity of an SID chip. Its all about the sound that it produces. I have no interest in what hardware/software they're using. Its all about that squarewave sound :spiteful:

Guest mohamed

that anticipated note into Curtains sounds like an intuition to show off, but not to repeat

this way the track is ruined imho

Yeah, somebody said they didn't like the Alberto Basalm but that's one of my favorites because it's so fucked up and authentic. I hate how most 8-Bit is "simulated" and then what's the point? You're not fooling anyone because you're doing things that exceed the capacities of a SID chip. You have to admit that the percussion breakdown is the tits because it's so metapharstic. But that huge, blat of a minor chord does not belong at all lol--makes it sound like Castlevania

lol like people that use D16 Phoscyon or Arturia CS-80V? I think you must forget about where the sound come from...

You know, I love reSID ;)

I gotta admit the Come to Daddy remix is A GUILTY PLEASURE or whatever. Is that one legitimately made on a chip because I hear all line noise or something

I'm currently listening to it. I love Phase Terminale's rendition of Melodies from Mars track 6. Then again, I suppose it's hard to make a track as perfect as that sound bad.

"Nyarlathotep - 73Yips.mp3" doesn't sound anything like 73-yips, it doesn't have a name in the ID3 tags, and it's listed in INFO.txt as "BitYips". Does anyone know what track it's supposed to be? It sounds a lot like one of the high octane tracks from Drukqs.

And what on earth is "Soltox"?

Archived