IGNORED

wtf is a person supposed to actually do about israel murdering hundreds of innocent civilians.

pcock

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From what I've read about the conflict between Israelis and Palestinians and how far back it goes, how ideologically entrenched, this is not something anyone is going to be able to resolve

Also, I think to solve the problem you'd have to get rid of nation states as such, religious enmity, racism, nationalist ideology - not easily done (edit - by 'get rid of', I mean remove them from the equation)

Maybe if the Palestinians or Israelis could find some kind of creative way to communicate with each other that is not within the current paradigm, there could be some change - hard to imagine what that way would be, but it would have to be something new (maybe there are individuals there trying to do this - there must be, would be interesting to know what they are doing)

Zizek always talks about not understanding but codes of discretion being what is needed for different groups of people to co-exist - how they could be brought about, I don't know

You cannot do much regarding countries that have nuclear weapons, see Prague invaded by the soviets in 1968. But you should put pressure on your own government regarding peace between Israel & Palestine.

WHO SAYS THESE CIVILIANS WERE INNOCENT?

yeh, collateral damage, sure, but there might've been some real fucking assholes on that flight, ever think about that?

Read Kurt Vonnegut and learn that such brutality is part of humanity, not the lack of it. And that the violence is down to religion or land rights or whatever is just an excuse: men just like to fight other men. The reason doesn't really matter in the end. And hope that there isn't an afterlife, because if there is there must be a shit ton of suffering still going on.

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to always tell the difference".

Read Kurt Vonnegut and learn that such brutality is part of humanity.

And yet most people everywhere on the planet don't drop bombs on civilians, women and kids included. Such brutality is therefore part of only one very small portion of humanity.

It's been swept under the carpet for years because people have ignored it.

Who has ignored what? Do you mean people/governments have ignored things that the Israeli government/military have done?

i think it's a convenient excuse to flatten a bunch of land that will later become israeli settlements. yes, hamas aren't great, but the Israeli government are too brutal and wreckless with their persecution of those involved in the launching of rockets. I'd say they're deliberately being brutal to send a message, but it comes at the cost of many innocent people dying.

how come? do you know better examples of fighting guerrlia-likes in dense and civilian areas that caused less civilian casualties ?

fallujah and yugoslavia bombings also had very high civilian casualties, for example.

Read Kurt Vonnegut and learn that such brutality is part of humanity.

And yet most people everywhere on the planet don't drop bombs on civilians, women and kids included. Such brutality is therefore part of only one very small portion of humanity.

A portion of humanity that has continued to exist in one form or another for years and years, from country to country all over the world. It's not a part of humanity that will ever disappear, but morph and grow and shrink and emigrate with the times, if not because of the times.

Small or large, it's still a part of humanity and will always continue to be so.

do you really think there's no better way, what with all the bombings and wreckless shit?

that's an interesting question - is there a better way? what would it be?

i think it's a convenient excuse to flatten a bunch of land that will later become israeli settlements. yes, hamas aren't great, but the Israeli government are too brutal and wreckless with their persecution of those involved in the launching of rockets. I'd say they're deliberately being brutal to send a message, but it comes at the cost of many innocent people dying.

how come? do you know better examples of fighting guerrlia-likes in dense and civilian areas that caused less civilian casualties ?

fallujah and yugoslavia bombings also had very high civilian casualties, for example.

simply interpreting the motives and prejudices of your government based on past instances slash war crimes :)

that's evading the question, you said that israel is brutal and wreckless in current war. implying there are better ways of fighting terrorists embedded in civillian areas? if yes then what are your real world examples?

Archived