IGNORED

speakers next to laptop, bad?

YEK

I've seen two different laptops on one occasion suddenly develop issues (not booting, freezing during booting process) because they were situated close to speakers in a dj booth, I was playing a vinyl set and saw the guys playing after me having issues, I suggested they boot up outside of the booth and it worked strangely enough. YMMV, I guess.

I've seen two different laptops on one occasion suddenly develop issues (not booting, freezing during booting process) because they were situated close to speakers in a dj booth, I was playing a vinyl set and saw the guys playing after me having issues, I suggested they boot up outside of the booth and it worked strangely enough. YMMV, I guess.

i've heard that speaker subs vibrations can fuck up computers... maybe that was going on.

Get some proper magnetically shielded active monitors yek, besides not possibly sucking away life juice from the laptop internals, soundquality will improve. Shit is not that expensive anymore.

Get some proper magnetically shielded active monitors yek, besides not possibly sucking away life juice from the laptop internals, soundquality will improve. Shit is not that expensive anymore.

yeah, maybe that's next.

I think you'd be better off spreading them a little further apart and angling them towards your listening position if at all possible, not because of the magnetism, for your listening pleasure.

I think you'd be better off spreading them a little further apart and angling them towards your listening position if at all possible, not because of the magnetism, for your listening pleasure.

i'll see what i can do.

i've heard that speaker subs vibrations can fuck up computers... maybe that was going on.

That actually seems like a much more logical explanation.

Archived